Ballistic's 1997 GT

Ballistic

Reaction score
Thought i would start a thread now that ill have more money to throw at my car..

So just gonna get it started and add info and photos when im board

Engine/Drivetrain:
K&N Cold Air Intake
4.10 Ford Racing Gears
SCT X4 Programer
MAC Offroad X Pipe
Borla S-Type Mufflers
QTP Low Profile Cutouts w/ Wireless Remotes
Magnaflow Tips
Ford Racing Speedometer

Suspension:
Bilstein HD Shocks and Struts
H&R Super Sport Springs
Maximum Motorsports CC Plates
Maximum Motorsports Rear Lower Control Arms
J&M Rear Upper Control Arms
Steeda Bumpsteer Kit
Maximum Motorsports Aluminum Rack Bushings
Steeda Rear Sway Bar

Wheels/Tires:
18" XXR 521
Toyo Proxes R888 265/35/18 (Front)
Toyo Proxes T1 Sports 285/35/18 (Rear)

Audio:
Kicker L7 10" Sub
Kicker ZX 1000.1
Kicker IX 500.4
Kicker RS 6.5" x4
Alpine CDE-143BT
Optima D34/78 YellowTop battery (trunk)

Other:
Whelen 295SLSA1 Siren w/ Feniex Triton Speaker
Feniex Cannon Hide Away Strobes White (reverse lights)
Feniex Cannon Hide Away Strobes 360 Amber (front park lights)
Rigid SR 6" - Spot x2 (Lower Front Bumper)
XK Glow LED Headlights w/ RGB Demon Eye
35w HIDs 6K Fog lights

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Got this car from my Grandpa when he was upgrading to a newer car, he bought it brand new in 1997 and its been garaged its whole life..

March, 2013

Only thing i have done to the car before these photos were wash and maybe tinted the windows, but not the front windshield yet.
i-wnDr2VR.png

i-ThdkLt4.png

i-g2dHw8g.png

MAY 2013

First time using my new Rig Pro Pole

i-Kfdbbx3.png

i-LwCCfDX.png

i-bjTSHL4.png

i-2JbXDxw.png

i-pb2XQqp.png

Welded in some new mufflers.. I really need to buy a lift but need more space :(

i-cJn4m5h.png

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
May 2014

New Paint Job!

i-b2KKZZ3.png

Shaved all the emblems

i-vPRtxPz-XL.png

I now hate wet sanding, did it to the whole car like 3 times during this paint job but now its got show car status paint work :)

September2014
i-7w7dtr9.png

March 2015

Added the LED light bars in the lower Bumper and switchs

i-j4B3bhZ.png

i-7p4GGpp.png

White Hide away strobes for my reverse lights

i-hRzqhS2.png

Videos of the lights

[video=youtube;ynj1txh7fPA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynj1txh7fPA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;3vnJjtoUGd0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vnJjtoUGd0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;A9FgOW4T4pI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9FgOW4T4pI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Nice ride man, I have a 98 GT that looks like yours. I see in your signature it looks like you have some xxr wheels on it, i've been thinking about getting a set but didn't know what they would look like on the car. Why haven't you posted more current pics with those wheels, would help me get a better idea on mine? lol

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
wow man that thing is mint!! and those rig shots are awesome! impressed with your car pic skills

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Nice ride man, I have a 98 GT that looks like yours. I see in your signature it looks like you have some xxr wheels on it, i've been thinking about getting a set but didn't know what they would look like on the car. Why haven't you posted more current pics with those wheels, would help me get a better idea on mine? lol

Im getting there, just started the thread today so going through some old pics and stuff and started with the old stuff first.. just spent 2 hours today washing it today so that took some time away from getting more posted, but ill post them tonight :)

wow man that thing is mint!! and those rig shots are awesome! impressed with your car pic skills

Thanks, I need to do more rig shots with it, but always finding a good background is getting harder.. I do alot of commercial photography on the side used to do it more full time before i got a job doing I.T./Server work so i have sunk more than what my car is worth into camera gear :)

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Im getting there, just started the thread today so going through some old pics and stuff and started with the old stuff first.. just spent 2 hours today washing it today so that took some time away from getting more posted, but ill post them tonight :)

Thanks, I need to do more rig shots with it, but always finding a good background is getting harder.. I do alot of commercial photography on the side used to do it more full time before i got a job doing I.T./Server work so i have sunk more than what my car is worth into camera gear :)

i figured you had some sort of photography experience lol. but yea...that's a nice setup.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I really like that red. What did you end up doing to the suspension?

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
I really like that red. What did you end up doing to the suspension?

When i first got the car i was not that big on red, but after getting the paint to glow and pop so well i started to love it, i have always been a white truck kind of person.

When i repainted it i almost went with the red from a 2012+ Mustang but decided to just keep the stock

All stock at this time, just started ordering new parts for it now..

J&M UCA
MM Alum Rack Bushings
Steeda Bumpsteer Kit
Bilstein front and rear

Just need to order
MM CC Plates
MM RLCA
H&R Springs

Then im replacing the frount balljoints while its all apart and the front LCA bushings

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I like the mods thus far man. Maybe a mach 1 chin spoiler if your into some front end looks. One question are you a cop?

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
I like the mods thus far man. Maybe a mach 1 chin spoiler if your into some front end looks. One question are you a cop?

Thanks, I have thought about the Mach 1 chin spoiler before not sure about it right now i kinda like the looks without it but maybe once i get it lowered..

Lol no im not a cop, i have fitted a number of vehicles with emergency lights in my free time, usually construction vehicles so i became a dealer for a few emergency lighting companies, so i thought why not throw some of the gear on my own car.. the rear flashing lights will really help if i ever need to pull over on the side of the road or anything i want to add more just not sure what i want to do trying to keep it all clean and undercover like, i may do my front park lights nice thing about these hide always i use they have 3 modes so i can put blinkers to override the flashing pattern like i did with my reverse lights.. I also sell train horns and kits but i like having a trunk and with my sub in the back would leave very little space to put train horns in my car so my truck gets the train horns..

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Thanks, I have thought about the Mach 1 chin spoiler before not sure about it right now i kinda like the looks without it but maybe once i get it lowered..

Lol no im not a cop, i have fitted a number of vehicles with emergency lights in my free time, usually construction vehicles so i became a dealer for a few emergency lighting companies, so i thought why not throw some of the gear on my own car.. the rear flashing lights will really help if i ever need to pull over on the side of the road or anything i want to add more just not sure what i want to do trying to keep it all clean and undercover like, i may do my front park lights nice thing about these hide always i use they have 3 modes so i can put blinkers to override the flashing pattern like i did with my reverse lights.. I also sell train horns and kits but i like having a trunk and with my sub in the back would leave very little space to put train horns in my car so my truck gets the train horns..

Sounds like a dream job for a grown adult with kid inside hahaa. If we have those type of lights in NJ we can go to jail for impersonating a cop or get serious fines. I like the stealth lights and rear bumper lights, they look really cool at night. I recommend the mach 1 chin spoiler because it really turns the bumper into a aggressive looking bumper especially when lowered, can't wait to see more mods in the future.

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Beautiful car man, and thanks tons for the updated pics with the wheels. Now we just need to rush those springs lol

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
Car looks awesome man. Really trying to decide if the brighter red is the color I want to go with or not. Then I run to the local mustang dealer, and see this color:

:p

Might just stick with the same after all!

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Sounds like a dream job for a grown adult with kid inside hahaa. If we have those type of lights in NJ we can go to jail for impersonating a cop or get serious fines. I like the stealth lights and rear bumper lights, they look really cool at night. I recommend the mach 1 chin spoiler because it really turns the bumper into a aggressive looking bumper especially when lowered, can't wait to see more mods in the future.

I can go to jail for it a well, I wont use them for shits and gigglez while in motion on public roads, i wont use the siren on public streets while moving, and here blue is usually cops so i wont use the color blue Amber is always a safe color to use..

The other month i went and picked up a buddies car while he was getting a DUI and i came in with my rear lights flashing in front of 3 cops and not one said anything to me..

Beautiful car man, and thanks tons for the updated pics with the wheels. Now we just need to rush those springs lol

No problem, Going to order the rest of the stuff this week, then work has me going to Mexico sometime in June so hopefully i can get it done before then..

Car looks awesome man. Really trying to decide if the brighter red is the color I want to go with or not. Then I run to the local mustang dealer, and see this color:

:p

Might just stick with the same after all!

That red one looks too dark for me, pretty happy with my red, Vermilion red (rio red) When its in the sun its just got a glow that i love..

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
the badge delete makes such a huge impact in person vs pics. i know you're wanting to get her lower and i don't blame you but man it looks beefy sitting like that now lol. maybe stout is a better word idk but definitely a clean ride man!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online