Bamma Chip

gary spielberg

Reaction score
HAS ANYONE USED A Bama 4-Bank Eliminator Chip IN A 95 GT 5.0
I HAVE A 95 GT CONV 5.0 BBK LONG TUBE HEADERS,BBK COLD AIR INTAKE,373 POSI, 1.7 R0CKERS , STOCK CAM,STOCK HEADS,STOCK AUTO TRANS. LOOKING FOR SOMETING TO TUNE THESE MODS .
IF I JUST TOOK THE STOCK CHIP OUT WHAT WOULD HAPPEN SINCE I DID THE
THANKS

GARY

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I say that because I did bama after a HCI swap and it barely ran to the dyno to get it tuned. After that it was great. Realistically your not going to gain much performance out of it with the mods you have done. I would wait till you got into the heads/cam where it was required or you just going to end up getting it retuned again. I know the "free tunes for life" sounds good but unless you have the ability to data log your AFR and a few other things remote tuning is just an educated guess at what could help your car. Save your cash and take it to a dyno later is my advice. Get some gt40 heads/cam or a nice aftermarket set and then you can gain something from a tune.

spank 141

Reaction score
I agree to wait. Not much to gain one a 5.0 with a tune until you get into more than bolt ons. These cars are not like mod motors were a tune makes good power on a completely stock motor. Also you can never beat a dyno tune. Bama does better mod motor tunes because you can data log the car and send them the files and they will tune the car that way. They did it on my 98cobra of course you have to buy their tuner

Kboss87

Reaction score
I would not recommend a mail order bama tune for our finicky computers. My car ran so much better with a dyno tune.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hope we didn't scare him away says he has not been on since the 6th.

I would spend the money on a better intake(cobra/trickflow) myself or some gt40 heads. I would probably go with the intake myself as if you did get heads then you would want a tune and maybe a cam. Either one would benefit from a better intake.

OP
OP
G

gary spielberg

Reaction score
I was thinking about the GT 40 heads and a better intake' Then my auto trans started to act up. within the past two weeks almost every time I put in reverse the motor stalls . has this happened to anyone .anybody know what's going on??????

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I had that issue when mine was auto.. Bump up the idle a little bit, that helped cure that problem of stalling in reverse for me. But some shop said the torque converter mighta been going out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online