bank 1 lean condition

shinobmatt

Reaction score
ok so i replace the injectors with 24#er's new O2 sensors in the front (long tube Headers) mil eliminators on the rear O2's (not replaced). this motors has XE274 comp cams. also new 75 mm throttle body, and intake elbow, screamin demon coils. i know i will need a tuner but is there any reason i am missing why bank 1 is lean n bank 2 is ok?

OP
OP
S

shinobmatt

Reaction score
yeah mod motor. 4.6. i have an adjustable fuel regulator but the factory 1 looks like it is part of the fuel rail. i dont see any nuts, screws, or bolts holding it on. n i thought maybe i need a better fuel pump also. been looking for vacuum leaks replaced a buncha vacuum lines that had dry rot. right now i am stumped on what else other than a tune.

OP
OP
S

shinobmatt

Reaction score
cel does not work got these codes when i hooked up my code reader after i drove around the block. P0171 was 1 and can remember the other i erased on accident before i could wright it down.

OP
OP
S

shinobmatt

Reaction score
Ok so an update.... switched the O2s to see if my lean/rich condition changed sides.. we pulled the passenger side O2 it looked good (was a new 1) and when i pulled the driver's side it was all gummed up from fuel (i guess why it was running rich on bank 2). so i tried to clean it as best i could. also changed the IAC. so now it runs with out sounding like it is missing. but now the idle surges pretty good. any ideas? (dyno tune set for my birthday wknd!!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online