bankin! for me at least!

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:
Hmmmm, I'm going to have to investigate these IRA since it's not too late for me. 8)

I urge you too man, you will thank me when you get 30 years old. Just think of having say 100 grand in the bank at 30 :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Are you serious? How does it work?

Its all up to you and how much you put up :dunno: I put the max in every year, right now its 4k so if that stays and you do it every year for 10 years that 40k WITH OUT THE INTREST ON IT. And that intrest on those big numbers can add up quick.

Sounds interesting. I'm going to look into it seriously.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:
Hmmmm, I'm going to have to investigate these IRA since it's not too late for me. 8)

I urge you too man, you will thank me when you get 30 years old. Just think of having say 100 grand in the bank at 30 :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Its all up to you and how much you put up :dunno: I put the max in every year, right now its 4k so if that stays and you do it every year for 10 years that 40k WITH OUT THE INTREST ON IT. And that intrest on those big numbers can add up quick.

do it on the clark howard site I gave its the BEST you can go with this. He will show you what works and what doesnt. Hes made me some good money in the last 8 years........now if I could get my wife to follow me and save more and spend less :nonono:

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:

do it on the clark howard site I gave its the BEST you can go with this. He will show you what works and what doesnt. Hes made me some good money in the last 8 years........now if I could get my wife to follow me and save more and spend less :nonono:

You gotta keep her on lockdown. :pimp2:

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i had an example of a roth explained to me. it was like open one when you are 18. put the first hour of work in it everyday. whether youre working 3 hours or 12 hours a day put in the first hour (the number of hours averages out in the end). by the time you are 35 you'll have 100k+ depending of what kind of jobs you have and what they pay the numbers can fluctuate.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:

You gotta keep her on lockdown. :pimp2:

HA!!!!!!!!!! not my wild red head

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
i had an example of a roth explained to me. it was like open one when you are 18. put the first hour of work in it everyday. whether youre working 3 hours or 12 hours a day put in the first hour (the number of hours averages out in the end). by the time you are 35 you'll have 100k+ depending of what kind of jobs you have and what they pay the numbers can fluctuate.

It sounds almost too good to be true though. I guess most people don't know about it or don't have the self control to save for the future. :dunno:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
phil_the_thrill said:

It sounds almost too good to be true though. I guess most people don't know about it or don't have the self control to save for the future. :dunno:

Most people are too damn lazy to care about thier future until its HERE and then its too late. It dont take much just a small part of your check EVERY WEEK, then DONT TOUCH IT :police: :police: :police: and it will GROW AND GROW AND GROW AND GROW AND GROW.......well you get the idea :D

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
http://clarkhoward.com/shownotes/category/7/13/220/379/

something doesnt make sense on this page. it says if you start at 15 and put away $2000 for 7 years youll have over a million but if you put away the same amount for 50 years its only 2.3 million. i think the math got screwed up there
no, if you save for 7 years then the intrest will grow to the million. Save for 50 and you have over 2 from the long term saving + intrest its right, just confusing

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
hey brian i could use a little loan. hook a brotha up :)

that would detur from my preaching about put it up and DONT TOUCH IT :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

its very hard for me not to dip into it myself, but having self control is what saving is all about

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
MeanGrn Gt said:

that would detur from my preaching about put it up and DONT TOUCH IT :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

its very hard for me not to dip into it myself, but having self control is what saving is all about

Yeah. It is hard for me but I consider myself a person who saves. I don't spend money much but when I do I spend hundreds/thousands of dollars.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
MeanGrn Gt said:

well you dont have to touch it. ill come down there and take the $$ myself so you dont need to put your hands on it. sound like a deal? :hammer:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
phil_the_thrill said:

something doesnt make sense on this page. it says if you start at 15 and put away $2000 for 7 years youll have over a million but if you put away the same amount for 50 years its only 2.3 million. i think the math got screwed up there

That chart looked a little sketchy to me too. :dunno:

I can assure you guys there is NO BS on that site, his # are there and correct. Of course the % rate will play a part in the exact number but it gives you a very close idea of what your looking at. Check out the site and give some of the places a call and meet with a local one in your area, you can see a chart like this at thier place of business.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
Snakebit said:
MeanGrn Gt said:

well you dont have to touch it. ill come down there and take the $$ myself so you dont need to put your hands on it. sound like a deal? :hammer:

I think im getting the short end of the deal here :-\ :-\ :-\

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:
phil_the_thrill said:

I can assure you guys there is NO BS on that site, his # are there and correct. Of course the % rate will play a part in the exact number but it gives you a very close idea of what your looking at. Check out the site and give some of the places a call and meet with a local one in your area, you can see a chart like this at thier place of business.

While we're on the topic, what other types of investment/savings to look into?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:
phil_the_thrill said:

good god there on his site ;D ;D, check it out.....you can get a 401K at most employers / 529 plan for college / Savings bonds / CD's ( they are pretty much old news now )

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:
phil_the_thrill said:

good god there on his site ;D ;D, check it out.....you can get a 401K at most employers / 529 plan for college / Savings bonds / CD's ( they are pretty much old news now )

This stuff is overwhelming. :-\

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
you arent getting the short end of the deal. I mean that money is just sitting there doing nothing... it could be on my stang hauling ass... sounds good to me

:hammer:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online