Base idle reset

tykempster

Reaction score
So did you do you base idle reset on the stock chip setting? I've been doing mine with the lowest performance tune, but it still idles differently than stock.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
So did you do you base idle reset on the stock chip setting? I've been doing mine with the lowest performance tune, but it still idles differently than stock.

I did but I forgot to mention that I don't think the reset caught on because the car wouldn't start when I pulled the IAC. I kept having to give it some gas so it could stay on. I'll probably try to reset it again since I'm idling at about 850-900. Its still more consistent and the rpms don't fluctuate like they did when I idled at 750. Before I messed with the TB, "performance" mode always made my car idle higher and cause the rpms to hang longer. Today, it didn't do that at all and I drove 80mph for about 5min. I'm sure I won't be so lucky on the ride home.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Well, I dropped the idle a little because ive been idling at 900 and I didn't want to do that forever. I brought it down to 750 but it doesn't like it there. It won't stay on.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Hmm stock idle setting should be around 600.

Damn! I know that won't work. I'm going to sand down the TB blade and see what happens then.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Nope. TB and IAC are new. Come to think of it, i think the manifold was pretty filthy. Not too sure if that could pose a problem. I'm also not running smog or egr.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Was the tune written to bypass all of that?

i think you need to get rid of the Bama Tune and let adder write one for ya.
[MENTION=8201]Addermk2[/MENTION]

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Was the tune written to bypass all of that?

i think you need to get rid of the Bama Tune and let adder write one for ya.
[MENTION=8201]Addermk2[/MENTION]
I was but he stopped replying to my emails. well, here was are again. I'm gonna try to do the base idle reset, without the chip. I hope the deleted egr and smog aren't screwing with my attempt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online