Base idle reset

A_+

Reaction score
My car has a SCT chip tuned by bama but the car still runs like crap. I want to do the base idle reset again but I'm wondering if I should do it in stock mode (4) or performance mode (3)? Does it matter?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm no expert but I would say "in stock mode". That's where it was when the chip was burned.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards stock mode as well since performance mode sets my idle at 1k. Ooohweee! I had a great time trying to tame a surging idle while stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, ON ICE!

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
yea my tune also did that. im gonna instal an iac restriction plate soon and see if that fixes it. Im sure ur previous idle wasnt set properly.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Done. Also, i removed and inspected the TB to the best of my knowledge. Everything has been cleaned and I followed the idle surge check list. I think itll help for a little while. The next step would be to replace my o2 sensors because i think they are originals (who knows) then replace the p.o.s autozone CAI that came with this car.

RSB95

Reaction score
My car the last few days was runnin like crap. Idle surging, shutting off when I push the clutch in, reset the base idle got a lil better but I knew it just wasn't running right so I finally noticed a grinding noise under the hood turned out to be a bad distributor. Replaced it now runs great!

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Interesting......all the sudden I'm hearing a grinding noise,.

RSB95

Reaction score
Cool.. I hope that's your problem, picked a reman up at autozone bout 90 bucks

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
I thought it was coming from the PS pump but Ive never heard a pump on its way out sound like that. Drove the car to my train stop and it surged all the way. I guess I'll try to run another koeo test since its throwing codes even with the chip set at "performance" on cold start,it idles like it has a vacuum leak but I still can't find one. I'll triple check.

RSB95

Reaction score
My "grinding sound" was every so often wouldn't do it constantly but how I found it was by putting my Hand on the distributor dead giveaway you could feel the grinding

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Alright. I'll try it tonight. Last time I touched the dizzy while it was on, I got shocked. It was a different CaR though..

RSB95

Reaction score
Yeah I've heard that didn't bite me though, try a pair of gloves wouldn't want you to get shocked on my account!lol

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Lol. It happens.
Without having to create a new thread. Does anyone know if an intake adapter is a must when running a gt40 tubular intake and a fox TB?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
If your getting shocked when touching the dizzy then you need to replace the wires or car and rotor.

This weekend I noticed a grinding noise as well and like you was sure it was the PS pmp because of the noise. I removed the belt to check each pulley indivudually.
I found the idler pulley was louder and was notchy when spinning it. So I replaced it. $30
I put the belt back on and all was quiet for a minute then the howling started. Freaking alt bearing was toast. Back to the parts house. $170 this time.
Much better now but I have a slight sqeek now. maybe the air pump.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Damn! Maybe I will replace the car :D

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
i laid a finger on the cap :D , didnt feel anything.
Ran another koeo test and this car isnt throwing many codes considering all the crap it has deleted and capped off. Im only getting thermactor codes.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
lol I tried to change it but I guess it didn't accept it. LOL

laugh it up..

Any way you know what I meant.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
So I spent about 2hrs screwing, with the screw on the TB. After I told it to go to hell and slammed the hood, I cursed at it a few more times. I get up the next morning and hop into this ***** and drive it around to run some errands. I didn't even notice that my rpm's weren't surging or hanging. I didn't think much of it because usually after poking around under the hood, my problems go away for a few miles but its been a few days and still nothing. Today I flipped the switch to "performance" from stock and that always causes my rpms to surge. Still nothing. I'll just wait patiently for the shit to hit the fan. Also, performance my ass, I feel nothing! Leading me to believe that this show ain't over yet or my car is really this slow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online