Basic turbo for 94-95 GT 5.0

ranger56528

Reaction score
I know there is a area for induction and tuning but for the 94/95 5.0 I want to keep it here rather then all over on other thread plus the 94/95 is being vehicle Specific.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
So ok I have the 255 fuel pump and a wide band set up so next will be Injectors, should a person just do 60 and be done or are the 42's going to be enough for a T70/76 turbo,will get into heads,cam,crank and Pistons down the road.

My goal is to try and run between 400-500 at rw.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
My goal is to buy the main parts and when I put my motor I'm doing now into the 95 I will take that motor and do a bear block build up just so you know where this is going.

95opal

Reaction score
If your looking to stay at 400-500 42#s are fine but you wont need a t70 to get ya there. What motor is this turbo going on? if its a 302 I would be looking at a 62 or similar. We need more in to help you out cant expect many replies with little or no info on your part.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
I am going with a 62 t3,I did a bunch of reading and it all fell back to a 60-62. What I have is a 94 5.0 with alum GT40 heads 160/202 and 62 190 connected ro 1.6 rockers being lifted with a E303 and Hyd rollers with stock pistons and rods,140K on block with a ported GT40 intake running 19 injectors with stock pump although I did just receive my 255 pump and that will be bringing full to ? I have new 24 injectors still in box but I think I should go with 42s now but the 24s should be good to 400-425hp from what I've read but that's why I'm hear to learn and listen to what everyone has to say. I'm staying with a stock distributor and a excel coil,I also have a new BBK fuel rail I will be using and I have my wideband now.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
I have a new AODE on the way,they just sent me a email saying it went out today freight so I should see it next Friday.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Going to MPLS tomorrow to pickup a 94 GT 5.0 with 140K on it,it has a newer rebuilt T5 in it with new clutch and throwout bearing and duel with a X pipe,we agreed on a price lower then the 1900.00 he was asking if it's in good shape,he said it's about a 8 out of 10 condition wise so I'll find out tomorrow I guess.
For this car I want to be mild street,I have a 255 FP and 42lb injectors with a new BBK rail then I All so have a Wideband O2 with gauge.the fun side of this car will be the line lock and a shift light besides the turbo.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Please don't run a 62mm... it's insanely small, and you won't be happy AT ALL.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Please don't run a 62mm... it's insanely small, and you won't be happy AT ALL.

I can agree that a 62 is small but I definitely wouldn't go 76 or bigger.

Depending on the specifics(ball bearing vs journal, billet wheel versus cheap) a 62 could be capable of making enough power to max out a factory block.

But if the idea is building a better block(dart) then go bigger knowing that if(when ) you grenade it at least the turbo will be big enough to make even more power with a better block.

Alright adder, chime in and tell me if I missed anything or if anything you don't agree with.

:)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Remember guys I will have a spare block to build a good lower end with when I put the one I just built in the 95 then I can think more into putting a 70-76 on it being I will have all the piping installed,turbo,wastgate,ect can all be changed but going with the 62 on this is a start and I'm more less likely to blow the motor,I'm not known as a light foot when it comes to driving,I know you guys want me to do it right and slowly I will but you never know I just might find a good 96 or so 351 to build with rollers and then put a 76 on it but for now I need to start small and learn more about turbos and pressure,altitude and other things that effect the running of a turbo plus I will be buying a good tuner set up that I can program with a laptop.
Remember FI and Turbos is all new to me so I'll take all the criticism you guys can dish out and down the road I'll be able to do the same.

Addermk2

Reaction score
You're not going to take ANY of our criticism... you're just going to do the same thing you did in your last thread. Aimlessly buying parts that aren't going to work right together.

A T3 flanged turbo is too small for a 302... end of story. If you want to run a smaller turbo, go with a Borg Warner S366 with atleast an 83mm turbine wheel.

My 351w currently has a 74mm, and is soon being upgraded to an 80mm.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Adder,when and if I do a 351w with turbo for my S95 it will be a kit from someone like Pony Down and I will go with what they recommend for cam and such,no money will be waisted or flushed but for right now I will put what I have on this 94 and see if turbo is the way I want to go and if it is you will know the route I'm taking.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Trust me I've heard what has been said but I want to use what I already have right now the only thing I need is a different strut brace,have everything for the 94.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Adder,when and if I do a 351w with turbo for my S95 it will be a kit from someone like Pony Down and I will go with what they recommend for cam and such,no money will be waisted or flushed but for right now I will put what I have on this 94 and see if turbo is the way I want to go and if it is you will know the route I'm taking.
This is the dumb shit I'm talking about.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
And here I thought the Hellion kit was a good kit to get,back to the think tank,any kits in the same price range that are better?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
And here I thought the Hellion kit was a good kit to get,back to the think tank,any kits in the same price range that are better?

Hellion is a good kit but way overpriced.

Piece a kit together yourself and save a bundle.

B&g makes hot side and cold side kits for great pricing but also great quality. Only problem is there can be a wait time to get the kit. Brian is a one man show.

Csx racing has a cold side kit for our cars at a reasonable price and people have had good luck with it.

Glenn's performance can be pricey for complete fuel systems but you can get everything in one order.

Or piece together your fuel system and save a bit.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Hellion is a good kit but way overpriced.

Piece a kit together yourself and save a bundle.

B&g makes hot side and cold side kits for great pricing but also great quality. Only problem is there can be a wait time to get the kit. Brian is a one man show.

Csx racing has a cold side kit for our cars at a reasonable price and people have had good luck with it.

Glenn's performance can be pricey for complete fuel systems but you can get everything in one order.

Or piece together your fuel system and save a bit.

Thanks this is what I need,I will look into the names you listed and before I buy I will post each make and part to get feedback so I don't have to buy twice thanks.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
The 94 had a salvage title,he said it was a regular title,car looked good for the price and even sounded nice but I will not buy a vehical with a salvage title sometimes it can bit ya in the ass so I walked away,felt a little shady too.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ya know part of me really wants to enjoy the show and watch you try and make a car that will make [MENTION=8201]Addermk2[/MENTION] happy, but then I know that if it did actually happen the apocalypse would be just right behind it. I mean think about that now and tell me I am wrong and you are not just as confused on the situation..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online