Basic turbo for 94-95 GT 5.0

hottwheels04

Reaction score
do a quick search and you will see common turbo kits for single is 70mm on 3 perfornance etc. perfect size is good for a v8. anything bigger is good f0r bigger cubich inch motor or built motors. anything smaller then 70mm is common on twin turbo setups or smaller single setups are good for 4 cylinders and import 50-60mm. a stock motor is good for 500 and under rwhp. since your building a new motor doesnt matter,but that being said run 70mm on stock motor run 6-10 psi it will make around 400-450rwhp all day on pump gas and room to grow with boost or new motor 500+rwhp is more then enough 70+mm is perfect. Ive seen bone stock motors, stock down to intake manifold, just injectors and 70mm turbos on 6 psi pump put down 380-400rwhp. and ones with 8-10psi make 425-450 rwhp. ones with just bolt ons or intakes or gt40 parts make 440-525rwhp on 10+psi. more then enough to max out the stock bottom end. so build a motor on the side your good.

BlkoutGT

Reaction score
The hellion kit is overpriced. Plus do you want to pay that much for something that isn't 94/95 specific? Or are you prepared to "make" it work.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
I will build it one piece at a time except for pluming, However I do have a 94-95 specific turbo kit for stock block,62/38mm wastgate for stock 5.0 block......

Im headed down to St Cloud Friday to look at a 95 GT 5.0 AODE,it's in better condition then my 95 GTS I have now and we agreed on a price if I like it,looked at a 89 fox body today in Fargo but had rocker rust and a few other issues I didn't want to deal with but the 5.0 was a good running motor all 225HPs and it sounded healthy.
If I buy the 95 GT I will put my new tranny in it with the 4.10 gears and put that tranny in my Black 95 GTS and then rebuild that tranny to go with the motor I'm just finishing up and that's the motor I will build my turbo for. I'm confused..................

anyway is is snowing and wind gusts are around 40mph and I'm hearing on the scanner a lot of roll overs and crashes on the interstate and some on state and county roads I guess winter has arrived.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
ya know part of me really wants to enjoy the show and watch you try and make a car that will make Addermk2 happy, but then I know that if it did actually happen the apocalypse would be just right behind it. I mean think about that now and tell me I am wrong and you are not just as confused on the situation..
Now that right there is funny and has truth get the tinfoil out its going to be a ride hahaha all in good I guess.

I need to be more specific on what I'm doing but it just doesn't type out how it should,I went to Skool ands got mez a egumakation four a rezon.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Will a elevation change of about 150 feet from track to where I live make a big enough difference that I would have to retune to run a 1/8th or no it's not enough to effect it.

Just a cell bouncing around in my head I guess,

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
150 is a foot hill climb. Not going to make a difference.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

t32265

Reaction score
I started out building a basic turbo 94 vert, then it turned in to something all together different and used my 70mm on a my stock 94 302 with just aluminum heads sizing is great and no turbo lag, i just bought a 89gt with a t-3 turbo and it is absolutely too small for even a bone stock 302, do your self a favor and go at least 70mm unless going with ball bearing and then at least 67mm.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
I wish I could afford ball bearing I'd go twin but being disabled I can only afford so much and I'm saving/have saved enough to buy the sn95 down south but forgot my son had eye appointment,I talked to seller and if it sells he will let me know but other then that I'm shooting for the week after Turduckin day.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
A little mock up of hot.
17e9d98d06fb4b0e51c535b7feb43d8d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Addermk2

Reaction score
And what brand kit is that? Umongst all the crap in these threads I thought I read it was a hellion kit.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
And what brand kit is that? Umongst all the crap in these threads I thought I read it was a hellion kit.
No no no if you listened I have decided to build the turbo piece by piece and before I buy I will post here and get opinions on what I've chosen,this will be for that motor in the pick that I'm building,right now I just have some off stuff on it and using it to mock up a cheaper system for the motor still in the 95,maybe get 400-450 out of it and if it blows o well then I'll put it on my lawn mower.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Ok now for everyone else,I got this hot side off craigslist for 75 bucks and then I ordered a tube kit off eBay for cheap and also a few other parts,my plan is to mock it up and then see what I need to do to mount it in the 95 with the high mileage motor after all I have nothing but time and that's even running out on me,some talk about donor list maybe next year if I continue to get worse but for now I'm going to see how this goes.
I want to keep my Rwhp under 600 with this motor or else I might as well go Dart and then go Twin but that's not what I'm looking for,I want to stay with a single turbo mounted on right side and just a fun rip around car. Most racing is done in the country on county roads and finding a good road can be a challenge.
I have looked at one system that wont break the bank......Hold On Its Its......

HP Performance Stage II and I'm leaning now wait here it comes.......a T70, I like how clean it looks and its right in my price range but that's not the point I believe this set up will get me into the 500-600 without having to go forged well maybe but I think it will plu St I can also take it and get 800 out of it if I want to build a forged motor or buy a Dart or something.
Hell maybe I'll let my son put this turbo I'm mocking up on the 33 I'm sure it will pull 2900 pound veh down the road just fine.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Just ordered a oil filter relocation kit from on3 and I think I will order his T70 kit for 94-95 mustang he has and being its set up to be built up later as you learn I think 1500 is a good price plus he is throwing in the y pipe(154.00) and now you all know what I'm putting on my sn95 and yes I did order the turbo kit also.
Seems my son wants to put the t62 on the 33 ford so at least it will get used just need to get a tb and intake pipe for it and it's all his to do.....The 302 in the 33 is 30 over with flat top Pistons and a Sealed Power Performer cam and a Edelbrock dual plane manifold,it will have to do but I think a single plane manifold would work better with a turbo,time to read.
I'll finish mocking up the mixed turbo I have now and take a pic and when the on3 gets here I'll do the same,still waiting for my tranny to get here so I can get that in with the 4.10 gears....

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
pretty sure I have heard that the on 3 oil relocation kit was not the best along with their v-band clamps.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
When I get it all together I will trailer it down to Rogers Mn,hear the guy that tunes down there is good and has a nice Dyno. Someone said he is around 600+parts or whatever he needs to do but I'll have to call and ask him.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
I've done some like I said some reading on different forums and some newer reviews and it reads like he has some of those kinks worked out besides it does have a warranty so if all fails box it up and send it back,I did order a turbo blanket with it so with tax and shipping it was a bit over 1600.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
I just ordered the Pro-m 80mm and 42lb MAF with filter and that should work perfect for me with the on3 and what I want out of it for now. Back to the relocation filter kit and with oil hook up,it seems the new kits are better will see I guess....

Now I need to think about tune,do I want to trailer it 2 1/2 hours and spend 600.00 plus gas and whatever parts or program I need or should I take that money and get my own tuner being I did buy a wideband and gauge set up for a bit over 250.......so now what tuner should I be looking at for around let's say 600 and I do have a friend that retired from the biz that will tune it for me but no Dyno,guess I could take it to Rogers this summer for a Dyno run after I recoupe some funds.
OR
Should I just wright everything down and get one of my free tunes from Bama hmmmm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online