Basic turbo for 94-95 GT 5.0

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
My eyes are still fuzzy from my heart attack last week so I got a appointment for Wed's to see the eye doc,Hell the way it's going I'll never drive the 95 again....................legally anyways hahaha.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Seems to be working out,the truck driver just called and my tranny will be here in a couple hours yaaaaaa. Turbo,Tranny,4.10s it's looking up..

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had a pro-m maf when I went to the tuner years ago. When I told him that he made a face like he was in pain and explained that "weighted"(his words not mine) maf's are not worth the trouble and was happy to hear I had the stock maf in the trunk. He took the guts/electronics out of the stocker and it mounted in the pro-m and then he was happy. He explained it to me that using a weighted maf just tries to trick the computer by changing the output it has for the different sized injectors since the tune holds the real calibration. He said its like going on a diet by changing the scale you weigh yourself on "LOOK I JUST LOST 20 LBS!"

and bama tunes, I also had a chip of theirs hoping it would help my problems after a HCI swap. Turns out I was having ignition issues and the tune they sent me was WAAAAAAY too rich. I would pay the price to hit the dyno if I were you.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
What a nice Truck driver,look what he just dropped off,now I need to get it put in with the 4.10 gears and turbo then get it tuned and yew ha ready to roll.
1cf70342059edc7e769a1a41a12272bf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
What is the opinion around here on the Moates Quarterhorse QH-1 chip,I already have the Innavate LC-2 wideband set......

see what what or how I like it I might up fuel to Deka 60Lb Injectors and go with a Pro-M 60 MAF and drop in a 340 pump,looks just short of a grand there hahaha.not funny well ya it is.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
I had a pro-m maf when I went to the tuner years ago. When I told him that he made a face like he was in pain and explained that "weighted"(his words not mine) maf's are not worth the trouble and was happy to hear I had the stock maf in the trunk. He took the guts/electronics out of the stocker and it mounted in the pro-m and then he was happy. He explained it to me that using a weighted maf just tries to trick the computer by changing the output it has for the different sized injectors since the tune holds the real calibration. He said its like going on a diet by changing the scale you weigh yourself on "LOOK I JUST LOST 20 LBS!"

and bama tunes, I also had a chip of theirs hoping it would help my problems after a HCI swap. Turns out I was having ignition issues and the tune they sent me was WAAAAAAY too rich. I would pay the price to hit the dyno if I were you.

Ive been reading about tricking the MAF and its all about the computer and tuning around the set 19 but it's all foreign too me when it comes to that stuff but I get the just of it,42Lb tries to trick the computer but in reality all you need to do is run a good tune around the system but like I said it all foreign bla bla I spend money on a MAF I more then likely do not need because a good tuner and program will do the same.
Just another way to get our money.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
As much as we all know how you love when Keith(adder) abuses you he is really the best to answer about moates and tuning.

Expect him to really abuse you know!!!! $-)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
I'm going to throw a short video up and if it's not appropriate the mods can take it down and no feeling hurt,comes off as a add and I don't know if it's right but it's more foe the sound of my 95,man I can't wait to get tha turbo in with the new tranny and 4.10s.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am not sure any of us really care what ya do to your car honestly. I mean when I gave the general opinion of pro-m and their oil relocation having issues you said it didn't matter you would deal with problems if they have any = no skin off my ass....

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Forgot I did t go with it,I have no idea why I brought it up,late at night I suppose. I have no need to use it I'll just use a offset so I can plum both Oil pressure switch's in that area and close to the block.
https://vimeo.com/146731551

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Hahaha what a goober,yes officer it's all stock,what a cam why no why you ask Bwaaaaahahaha. Boy I can't wait to drop in the new motor.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
I just pulled it out of a cold garage and it's still idling a bit high but then drops off to 8-900 after a bit of warm up.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
I am not sure any of us really care what ya do to your car honestly. I mean when I gave the general opinion of pro-m and their oil relocation having issues you said it didn't matter you would deal with problems if they have any = no skin off my ass....
No one cares what anyone does to their own car but it fun aggravating folks in a sick kind of way but remember just because one thing is said that makes total sense doesn't mean it wont be followed to a certain point without the others knowing.
we are all here to learn from avoiding mistakes but making mistakes is all apart of the learning curve some folks are just harder headed then others..

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
I'm going to do some reading up on Moates QH,I have a old windows 7 laptop that I could use for nothing but tuning...Now I need to see what Adder has to say.
QH1 maybe is where to start and go from there and it's in my budget.
Adder where are you.........................................

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Ok here is a blank start,I'll list a few and lets go from there.
QH 1....249.00
Binary Editor.....100.00
EEC4-DEF+DLM....45.00
QH Switch......30.00
Side Saddle......10.00

Now remember this is a start/basic start..........OK now hit me and let's see where this goes and remember I'm not looking for 700,800,900 or 1000 at the wheels I will be content with 450 to 550 at rear wheels.

I still need to study all this stuff to fully understand it well have a idea anyways.,

Addermk2

Reaction score
As much as we all know how you love when Keith(adder) abuses you he is really the best to answer about moates and tuning.

Expect him to really abuse you know!!!! $-)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!
Not interested.

He hasn't listened yet... why start now

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Going gets tuff the tuff stay in...............Well anyway I just got off the phone with a engine builder in Fargo that is well known around here and did biz with me when I was in the biz,anyway Matt and I decided that I'm going to tear down my motor and bring it to him and he will bore it to 0.30 over,put in new cam,Rod and mains,he is going to polish the crank also,he will assemble it for me to long block and then said the total cost would be about 500 for everything,time to tear it down and follow my gut.
Last night I got this gut feeling that I should tear the motor down all the way even tho it's all good then today the guy from on3 called and had some questions for me and then hung up and I got another call from the tech at Ford Motor sports about the MAF I ordered and wanted to know what tuner I was going to use and I said Moates QH1 and then he had a couple other questions so it's all starting to come together in a good way.
I will not get motor back for about a month but that's fine the one in it now is strong as you can tell by the video so now it's on to putting together a QuarterHorse system.

Time to go back and read more about Moates and get my list improved if need be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.