Basic turbo for 94-95 GT 5.0

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Well I have the motor all torn down and I'm glad I did it,everything was looking ok(bearing wise)until I got to number 3 and 7 there was more brass then I cared for it wasn't the best thing I've seen so I guess my gut feeling has payed off for me,when all done I will have a 308 instead of a 2 hahaha think that is funny,I'm going 30over from the start,have to say all eight holes looked good and the main were good except for 3 witch goes with 3 and 7 being bad.

Now back to Moates and QH.............Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated and I do not want to spend 1000 or more I would like to be around 600.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
If the bores still retain crosshatch uniformly throughout, dont worry with boring them. Get them measured to be sure of size and make your decision from there.

BOOOSTD

Reaction score
Just read through and sharing what worked for me and what my experience was with the On3 kit. My first turbo setup was pretty basic as follows:

Motor:
Stock 95 bottom end
GT40 Top end

Turbo:
ON3 70mm - both hot and cold piping needed lots, I mean lots of tweaking to make it fit properly in a relaxed state
Didn't use their oil relocation kit; just used a shorty filter

Fuel:
340 Stealth pump
Deka 60lb injectors

Tuning:
SCT chip
SCT Mass Air BA500/HPX
Custom Tune

Car was conservatively tuned as I didn't want to push my luck with the hyper pistons. The car yawned :grin: Lol on a mustang dyno and made 415rwhp/440rwtq with no timing. It could have easily made more but I was happy with that!

Hope this helps and good luck with your build! If you have any questions about the On3 kit, just ask. I have a ton of pics from that build that I can reference.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
If the bores still retain crosshatch uniformly throughout, dont worry with boring them. Get them measured to be sure of size and make your decision from there.

All but 7 looked nice and when I get it to Matt we will go from there,know these guy for last 32 years being I was in the parts biz for 16 years before I made a change with what I wanted to do. They are good at what they do. I could just take and run my hone through each cylinder and put new rings on Pistons then put in mains and Rod bearings but I want these guys to look at it being I'm putting a on3 kit on it....
Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Just read through and sharing what worked for me and what my experience was with the On3 kit. My first turbo setup was pretty basic as follows:

Motor:
Stock 95 bottom end
GT40 Top end

Turbo:
ON3 70mm - both hot and cold piping needed lots, I mean lots of tweaking to make it fit properly in a relaxed state
Didn't use their oil relocation kit; just used a shorty filter

Fuel:
340 Stealth pump
Deka 60lb injectors

Tuning:
SCT chip
SCT Mass Air BA500/HPX
Custom Tune

Car was conservatively tuned as I didn't want to push my luck with the hyper pistons. The car yawned :grin: Lol on a mustang dyno and made 415rwhp/440rwtq with no timing. It could have easily made more but I was happy with that!

Hope this helps and good luck with your build! If you have any questions about the On3 kit, just ask. I have a ton of pics from that build that I can reference.

I just got off the phone with Mel and I'm not going with the oil kit I'm just going with a short filter and a offset,I want to put both oil senders buy the filter and Mel said no problem and I also told him I was going with 42 Lb injectors with a 255 pump and with the HP I'm looking for he said I should be ok.
Im sill figuring out what QH items to buy and have some time befor I do being Matt won't get my block back for about 5 weeks because they are busy and I still have a good motor in the 95 now. I want to start with 400-450 at rear wheels and seem like that's where I'll be with what I have.
Also talked with Ford Motor sports the other day about the Air/MAF and gave them all the motor/turbo info and they are setting it up for me now and said I should have it Friday and the on3 kit will be here Friday also.
Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
BOOSTED how do you like the Deka 60Lb injectors I have those on my upgrade list is I become brave and start messing with springs.

i have the GT40 upper lower intake lowers had some porting done the I have a 1" spacer then I have Aluminum Gt40 heads with some porting done,62cc,202/160 valves and 190 run so I feel the upper half of motor is done for now and now it's on to the block.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Here are a few not so good picks of what I found late last night on tear down.
aca8fbc08f7f7ad100bbeba44a4e2364.jpg
9fbcd2942d26a76824153365d83e1761.jpg
09f8e5525c3fcbda45c92fd71675b4d4.jpg
53e5d9d41f8393c5402a936bb7be4c28.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
96 now that I'm not so tired I looked at all the bores again today and the cross hatches are weak but the cylinders all look nice,I'm sure 30 will be the call.

BOOOSTD

Reaction score
BOOSTED how do you like the Deka 60Lb injectors I have those on my upgrade list is I become brave and start messing with springs.

i have the GT40 upper lower intake lowers had some porting done the I have a 1" spacer then I have Aluminum Gt40 heads with some porting done,62cc,202/160 valves and 190 run so I feel the upper half of motor is done for now and now it's on to the block.

I went with the Deka 60lb injectors for more room to grow in the future and they have been flawless.
My previous top end was similar to yours but nothing was ported. The top end was a tubular GT40 intake, Aluminum GT40 turbo swirl heads and the infamous B303 cam. The cam was already in when it was N/A so I just left it. The short filter works awesome and I'm still using the shorty on my current setup.

This was my setup at the time:

2d7860e16969c89f3569f5cd68b2f0cd.jpg

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
I'm running with a E303 cam.

I forgot to mention that I read about the FordMotor sports tuner it's a PMS4 I believe and it plugs into the 94-95 ECU and then you can tune it to whatever you want air,fuel,pressure,altitude and more it runs about a grand so not much more then a good set up from Moates.
Anyone seen or know anyone that has this?

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Think I'll put the Deka 60's on my Christmas list,better to have then not and not need then to not have and need.

Addermk2

Reaction score
I'm running with a E303 cam.

I forgot to mention that I read about the FordMotor sports tuner it's a PMS4 I believe and it plugs into the 94-95 ECU and then you can tune it to whatever you want air,fuel,pressure,altitude and more it runs about a grand so not much more then a good set up from Moates.
Anyone seen or know anyone that has this?
You need to stop posting so much, and pay attention to what I've been telling you.

The QH is $250. And the software is $100.

So how is that anywhere close to what a PMS costs.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Also, e303 is more of s blower cam. Too much overlap for a turbo motor. B303 isn't a great turbo can but doesn't have a ton of overlap and has worked well for some lower budget turbo builds.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

BOOOSTD

Reaction score
Also, e303 is more of s blower cam. Too much overlap for a turbo motor. B303 isn't a great turbo can but doesn't have a ton of overlap and has worked well for some lower budget turbo builds.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Agreed the B303 is not a great cam but it still worked.

I'd use the stock cam over the B303 but it was already in when I slapped the turbo on so I just left it.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
You need to stop posting so much, and pay attention to what I've been telling you.

ok now I have ya back Adder some times a person needs to though a lot out to get what they want to hear back,as posted on page 3 my intentions are going with the QH1 with the Binary Editor for 350.00 but I was not sure I was on the right track,
Ford Motorsports called me and I told them I would be using the QH1 with the editor and on3 turbo so that's what they are setting it up for so thanks you might think I do not listen but I do in the long run......

So now that my motor is down what cam do you feel would work for my set up and yes my ears are open and I did order the QH1 with the editor already so now what cam do you suggest,my block goes in Monday.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score

ok now I have ya back Adder some times a person needs to though a lot out to get what they want to hear back,as posted on page 3 my intentions are going with the QH1 with the Binary Editor for 350.00 but I was not sure I was on the right track,
Ford Motorsports called me and I told them I would be using the QH1 with the editor and on3 turbo so that's what they are setting it up for so thanks you might think I do not listen but I do in the long run......

So now that my motor is down what cam do you feel would work for my set up and yes my ears are open and I did order the QH1 with the editor already so now what cam do you suggest,my block goes in Monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.