Battery drain

samsonhusky

Reaction score
So I narrowed it down to fuse 5 and fuse 8 both were putting a drain on the battery. Is there any common problems from anything on these two fuses I need to look into for the drain. Thanks

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
do a search and see what fuses are listed for it. My mustang wiring manual is only for 94/95 and it is more complete if someone has one for 96 but start with what is listed in the manual or online. If it has anything to do with audio at all then look for the mach amp under the radio.

OP
OP
samsonhusky

samsonhusky

Reaction score
Fuse 5 is exterior lamps, cluster ilium,
Clock ilium, speed control amp

fuse 8 is radio mcm, instrument cluster, clock, trunk lamp, antitheft,

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea that sounds like it could be the premium sound amp in the dash at least I would start there. On the drivers side of the console if you peel back where the carpet meets the plastic next to where your right foot would be you can see the end of the amp and if I remember correctly you can see and reach the harnesses that go to it. This is what it look like.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4004235154...ZKMYyqnLZxvTPP5maTUSFQxdQ8MjzNJ8aAt0NEALw_wcB

There is a chance you will lose your front speakers when you do this but we can fix that if the battery drain is gone.

OP
OP
samsonhusky

samsonhusky

Reaction score
Thanks I will try it when I get time to. Sounds easy enough hopefully that it’s it.

Adfalenski

Reaction score
When I removed that amp on the transmission tunnel I discovered that Scoche and Metra make some bypass harnesses if you plan on removing the amp. I had just installed an aftermarket stereo in my 2000 mustang coupe. The information is:

Scosche FD15B Compatible with 1995-97 Ford Premium System Amp-Bypass Jumper harness; At amp location

Metra 70-5513 Radio Wiring Harness for Ford Amplifier Eliminator Plug.

check if your connectors match.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online