Battery hold down trays/Optima Batterys

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have a optima battery, just wondering how ppl held theirs down? Anyone have one of those fancy hold down trays/boxes? Some look pretty damn cool but are like $120 was thinking of it but not sure if its worth it.

wayne94mustang

Reaction score
i have a red top and i used a u-bolt exshaust clamp but not the u-bolt part(i dont know what to call it)..anyway it had the same curve as the cells of the battery so i used 2 small allen head bolts and bolted it to the facory hold down.works and looks perfect......but those optima trays look SWEET!!!

speedytang

Reaction score
I was going to use one and move the battery to the rear but the tracks I visit now and then will not approve them because it is still not enclosed. Looks nice and would be solid. I seen UPR makes one and at FFW they had then for $89.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
I have a optima battery, just wondering how ppl held theirs down? Anyone have one of those fancy hold down trays/boxes? Some look pretty damn cool but are like $120 was thinking of it but not sure if its worth it.

You don't need one.
I have a red top.
If you turn the wedge shaped hold-down sideways, and re drill the hole, it bolts in the same place.
I can take a pic of mine if you want.
LemmeNo
:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online