whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just do what I did :poker:

y8plIV5.jpg

slow90coupe

Reaction score
What a difference it makes. I was contemplating converting in the past, but I have read about some guys having issues with higher hp cars. How was the install?

It literally took an hour. That's including a run to the hardware store for the bolts that hold the coils down. Well worth it!

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Just do what I did :poker:

y8plIV5.jpg

Those smoothed out panels look awesome man. Sick work.
It literally took an hour. That's including a run to the hardware store for the bolts that hold the coils down. Well worth it!

And no problems with start up after install? Do you have any contact info or a link to the guy you bought the COP conversion from?

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Those smoothed out panels look awesome man. Sick work.

And no problems with start up after install? Do you have any contact info or a link to the guy you bought the COP conversion from?
I havent got it running yet, but there shouldnt be any problems. I think the guys name was the red monster on svtp. Their site is a disaster right now and i cant find a link.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I havent got it running yet, but there shouldnt be any problems. I think the guys name was the red monster on svtp. Their site is a disaster right now and i cant find a link.

Okay I'll do some research on it. Was it literally just removing your coils/wires and replacing with COP's onto each plug?

nothing i like the clean look

I agree that looks great. With a top mounted blower like that everything looks clean and symetrical. Us passenger mount blower guys have a million things on the passenger side however so it almost looks lopsided

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Another quick question about the COP conversion, I currently run a KB BAS for my setup...should I still be able to keep this even if going to COP conversion?

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Yeah it was literally that easy. The hardest part is finding some 5mm bolts to hold them down.

Gregor185

Reaction score
I just went to Ford and got coil bolts. Yes his name is red monster on svtp. That's where I got mine

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I just went to Ford and got coil bolts. Yes his name is red monster on svtp. That's where I got mine

I got in touch with him over on Corral already and said he has them in stock so I think I may order this to give me a winter project while I'm re-doing a few things. Greg did you actually install this yet?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've been watching that guy on Corral for a few years Mike. Everyone seems to like his kits and I really want one myself but I have brand new wires and packs sitting in the tool box so maybe later.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I've been watching that guy on Corral for a few years Mike. Everyone seems to like his kits and I really want one myself but I have brand new wires and packs sitting in the tool box so maybe later.

It seems like an extremely easy install and it shouldnt have any effect on performance so I think I may pull the trigger.

Gregor185

Reaction score
Mike I'm in the process. I have those bbk valve covers on and the bastards are too tall so I have to pull them off and put the stockers back on first

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Mike I'm in the process. I have those bbk valve covers on and the bastards are too tall so I have to pull them off and put the stockers back on first

Ahhh I didn't think about the aftermarket valve covers. Is the higher valve cover causing an issue with connection between the COP and plug?

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah it doesn't go all the way down. The lil bump under the connection hits

Makes sense. Let me know how it works out. What scares me is I posted on corral and a member said he has installed this setup on 4 different 2v cars and with higher boost it was complete garbage and kept blowing out spark so they went back to the packs/wires...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online