Battery relocation under hood

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
For those of you who have done a battery relocation, what did you put in place under the big gap now under the hood? Just curious, I've seen tons of threads with pictures from the trunk, but not many take pics from under the hood. It just seems that when taking the battery out on the driver side front it would look a somewhat unappealing area of nothing...

410sn95

Reaction score
MSD box and Canton coolant overflow bottle.

410sn95

Reaction score
Crappy cell phone pic of overflow bottle. Kind of cluttered but that's what happens when you try to cram 10lbs of crap into a 5lb bag...

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Crappy cell phone pic of overflow bottle. Kind of cluttered but that's what happens when you try to cram 10lbs of crap into a 5lb bag...

Looks good man. I'm considering of moving my battery to the trunk and putting a catch can in that area but haven't really seen any threads/pics of what guys actually put there.

410sn95

Reaction score
Thanks. I had to put the can there because I had to delete the stock overflow to make more room in front of the motor.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks. I had to put the can there because I had to delete the stock overflow to make more room in front of the motor.

Makes sense. Do you remember if there is a lot of holes under the tray or behind the battery when removed? Sorry my car is at the body shop or I would check

410sn95

Reaction score
Makes sense. Do you remember if there is a lot of holes under the tray or behind the battery when removed? Sorry my car is at the body shop or I would check

There are a few. Can't remember exactly how many, though. You can see some of them in the pic.

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
This is the best pic I could find when I pulled everything out of my engine compartment. You can kind of see what is beneath the battery tray:

But then I welded plates over the frame rail "channels" in order to smooth everything out. I personally like not having anything but my fuse box on that side of the engine bay, it tends to make things look less 'cluttered' and draw more attention to the engine etc, but to each their own.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
This is the best pic I could find when I pulled everything out of my engine compartment. You can kind of see what is beneath the battery tray:

But then I welded plates over the frame rail "channels" in order to smooth everything out. I personally like not having anything but my fuse box on that side of the engine bay, it tends to make things look less 'cluttered' and draw more attention to the engine etc, but to each their own.

Perfect, thanks for the picture. Yeah I agree that maybe nothing will actually make it look less cluttered. Scott Rod actually makes weld in panels for this inner fender area for us sn95 guys that I came across may make it look really clean

Gregor185

Reaction score
I just bought a wire tuck manual and it says about moving the battery and I wondered the same thing

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Nothing! That's the only reason I did a battery relocation. I want to have nothing on either of the fender aprons for a clean look. Previously I had my vortech aftercooler reservoir in that spot though.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Nothing! That's the only reason I did a battery relocation. I want to have nothing on either of the fender aprons for a clean look. Previously I had my vortech aftercooler reservoir in that spot though.

The way mine is setup I have a bunk of junk on my passenger side apron so nothing on the driver side would look wayyy out of place. Got any pics?

Suspect

Reaction score
nothing. looks cleaner, but I agree if one side looks busy its off. now that I have the blower on the pass side its crowded on one and empty on the other. I really dont anything to occupy the space tho.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking of moving my optima to the trunk and putting a meth bottle in that area.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
The way mine is setup I have a bunk of junk on my passenger side apron so nothing on the driver side would look wayyy out of place. Got any pics?

That's the thing I hated the most about a blower setup, there's just soo much crap that runs everywhere, it's almost impossible to make a blower setup look clean and simple.

Here's a pic of how it looks right now.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
^ That looks really nice man. Are you running COP?

slow90coupe

Reaction score
^ That looks really nice man. Are you running COP?

Thanks! Yes sir, I just converted last week. There's a guy on SVTperformance that sells a plug and play COP kit with used coil packs for $200. Well worth the investment IMO.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks! Yes sir, I just converted last week. There's a guy on SVTperformance that sells a plug and play COP kit with used coil packs for $200. Well worth the investment IMO.

What a difference it makes. I was contemplating converting in the past, but I have read about some guys having issues with higher hp cars. How was the install?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online