Battery Tie down?

jun10r

Reaction score
Ok, so I found the Dorman hold down kit, but my battery is still moving around. I cannot see spending $60 on the super bling kits, but wanted to see if anyone had used one of the J hook kits or straps?

I am wanting to secure it for AutoX and in the future HPDE and similar activities!!! Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions that will meet their tech inspections.

Sam

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Assuming battery is in stock location? I have used this:

Braille Battery Hold down at Summit Racing - $20

It has worked just fine at autoX and road racing events. I no longer need mine (as I am relocating the battery), I'll be happy to give it to you if you pay for shipping. I can take some pics of it - it's used and has some rust on the wingnuts, and I had to trim part of the bracket down to prevent it from hitting the hood when closed, but it's yours if you want it.

Edit: Here, you can see the hold down in this shot:

IMG_4091.jpg

OP
OP
J

jun10r

Reaction score
Wow, that would be awesome, send me a msg and I will zap you some paypal cash? I have been reading your build up thread, I think I am on page 10 or so!!! I can see me following along in a similar approach. I started eyeballing the brake kits out there, and started lining up help for the sub-frame connector. I may start there based on your experience/thread!

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'll PM you shortly. I recommend brakes and SFC's as one of the first sets of upgrades - you will immediately notice an improvement in the way the car feels and drives.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online