Reaction score
what up everyone...got my new BBK 1615 headers today for mah 98 gt
fishpics2516sg.jpg

fishpics2552hp.jpg

fishpics2538pe.jpg

hopefully gettin them on tomorrow or sometime next week

NITROUSINJECTED

Reaction score
shorties man what the fuck if you are gunna order headers order some long tubes up man come on now

OP
OP
A

AmericanStang

Reaction score
98 gt its a non PI car so these shorties are a good choice. they work better with my years engine than long tubers would

OP
OP
A

AmericanStang

Reaction score
i am thinking about it but i am not sure. i dont have access to all of the equipment that i need so i will prolly have my mechanic do it

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Yea, mine weren't too bad, but I got a 5.0, no rats nest of wires and junk.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Haha, you 5.0 guys have NO IDEA on what its like to put headers on a 4.6 :mad: :mad: :mad: My god, if you ever get to look at a 4.6 take a look under the hood and try to visualy see the headers and the bolts :eek:, take your time (you will need it) They are a BITCH ! I had longtubes on my 98GT and I have them on my 99 Cobra now, the opinions vary from shop to shop but for mine the K member was taken out of the car and the motor supported from the top with a special made tool just for that purpose. With this prep work done the headers are a lot easier to get too, but can still be a pain in the ass on the back sides closest to the fire-wall. All I can say is good luck on the install, Ive went thru it twice myself and seen it done a dozen times over the past 5 years or so.........it hasnt gotten any better. :-[

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Haha, you 5.0 guys have NO IDEA on what its like to put headers on a 4.6 :mad: :mad: :mad: My god, if you ever get to look at a 4.6 take a look under the hood and try to visualy see the headers and the bolts :eek:, take your time (you will need it) They are a BITCH ! I had longtubes on my 98GT and I have them on my 99 Cobra now, the opinions vary from shop to shop but for mine the K member was taken out of the car and the motor supported from the top with a special made tool just for that purpose. With this prep work done the headers are a lot easier to get too, but can still be a pain in the ass on the back sides closest to the fire-wall. All I can say is good luck on the install, Ive went thru it twice myself and seen it done a dozen times over the past 5 years or so.........it hasnt gotten any better. :-[

And thats why I love my 5-0 :banana:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94gtstang50 said:
Snakebit said:

And thats why I love my 5-0 :banana:

yea yea yea, 5.0's are easier to work on, but technology is way advanced with the modular, we just have to suffer thru harder labor working on our motors. :hammer:

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yeah AmericanStang make sure you get some new gaskets those ones that the BBK headers come with are JUNK. Look into Felpro or even copper ones you will be glad you did.

97vertstang

Reaction score
hey, its esier to change the plugs on the 4.6 than the 5.0s.it least it was a pain in the ass in my frinds 5.0 cobra.and my 4.6 was a breeze :thumb:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97vertstang said:
hey, its esier to change the plugs on the 4.6 than the 5.0s.it least it was a pain in the ass in my frinds 5.0 cobra.and my 4.6 was a breeze :thumb:

that is a fact

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would say the cams are more accessable being right on top of the heads, but on the other hand there is quite a bit of work to complete the swap there also.

NITROUSINJECTED

Reaction score
i gurantee you that i could do a cam swap faster on 5.0L than you could on a 4.6 and i would put money on that

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online