bbk intake will it work?

dazed1969

Reaction score
Workin off my blackberry right now and cannot search. Just wondering if anyone has attempted to swap this manifold in to replace the stocker, also how hard is the fox TB swap might as well do that also if that manifold works with our cars

ryclef331

Reaction score
what manifold? Why do so many of you guys want to do a fox body throttle body conversion? There is NO hp gain to doing this. You just buy and elbow and rock out.

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
what manifold? Why do so many of you guys want to do a fox body throttle body conversion? There is NO hp gain to doing this. You just buy and elbow and rock out.
mostly because it allows more room for the valve covers

ryclef331

Reaction score
I can KIND of see that but no matter WHAT you do on a 94-95, you still have to deal with the alternator set back so far. Thats a bigger pain in the ass that the intake elbow.

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
I wanna do it just cause NOT a lot of people do it, especially with a nice intake like a JLT (I'm not a huge fan of the metal one I have now.) I think it's a nice touch and looks a bit cleaner, no hp gains but looks better and probably stays cooler then chrome.

OP
OP
D

dazed1969

Reaction score
the fox tb swap doesnt matter to me, just figured I could save 90$ on the elbow no biggie really... I just am more concerned with the intake manifold working being it has a built in egr system it says

Spyder

Reaction score
I have heard bad things about the bbk intake.

I have heard they have poor quality, and poor fitment.

But this all could be just people bitching, or it could be the truth

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
I've have bad a bad BBK experience but wasn't with a CAI. dazed, are you asking if the BBK CAI for a 94-95 will fit a fox setup or the other way around??

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
he is wondering about the bbk ssi intake manifold not the cai.

redmustang95

Reaction score
Won't the strut tower brace get in the way if you install the BBK intake manifold?

Stangbangin

Reaction score
the strut tower braces with get in the way of most intakes you use. I've had both my trick flow and my old edelbrock rpm neither were low enough to allow for the strut tower brace...who needs it anyways

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
My stocker bearly fits under the STB with a TFS spacer. Like Stangbangin said most intakes don't clear the brace.

txlen

Reaction score
i have the BBK SSI intake on my 95...did a V-1 on it and turned the intake towards the drivers side with a fox body conversion...made 426RWHP and 423RWTQ at only 6 lbs boost with my frt mount intercooler setup... :thumb:

69clark

Reaction score
txlen- sounds alot like my setup. I am running a vr-4 w/ 6lbs and fmic.

Here is a pic of the intake, oh by the way it is for sale with only 1000miles on it.

NewCameraPicsVids020.jpg

Downshift

Reaction score
69clark said:

Here is a pic of the intake, oh by the way it is for sale with only 1000miles on it.

NewCameraPicsVids020.jpg

WOW!!!!!! Holy shit dude. Ok so I remember seeing your car in a magazine not to long ago and you are the reason I want the cobra R front bumper and why I finally decided to switch my interior to all black. Your car flat out ROCKS! I cant give you enough props for that thing man. I swear when I saw that engine bay my jaw dropped hope you stick around haha.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
dam man your stang is hot looking i also seen the article in the MM&FF's mag

xr8d302

Reaction score
69clark said:

NewCameraPicsVids020.jpg

silly pic whore! :dancing6:

So how much total did that set you back Clark? I know most of the specs from your engine, but I just mean the SSI set up itself....what did that run you?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online