BBK SSI Intake on 94/95 GT

xr8d302

Reaction score
I know 69Clark on Stangnet has it done, but does anyone have any pictures of this intake on one of our cars? Also, my question is, does anyone know if the elbow adapter from our intakes can be used with that intake so-as to keep our air setup the same as with the stock upper end?

OP
OP
X

xr8d302

Reaction score
No, it won't, but the little elbow that comes on the 94/95, if we could have that going to the SSI intake....then, it also looks like the BBK is higher, so you could run into hood clearance problems, or STB clearance issues...hrmmm

I really find this intake manifold interesting, love to see it on an SN95, and I'm sure it can be done, just really want to see it

wytstang

Reaction score
I believe it's already been said that to run this intake we need a taller hood. I've seen so many high powered motors run a ported cobra that I see no reason to look else where. Hell I have (some where) a dyno sheet tmoss provided where a stock unported cobra intake was keeping up with a Holley intake on a 347 up to 5,500. All it would need is some tlc from tmoss and I'm sure it would keep up to the 6,500 mark where most street car go to. .02

OP
OP
X

xr8d302

Reaction score
Completely agree, but you have to admit that the SSI has a little sex to it that adds to underhood fuckmeness

wytstang

Reaction score
It does have that "Me love you long time" appeal :rockyou:

OP
OP
X

xr8d302

Reaction score
"That intake would suck the chrome off a trailer hitch!"

Dark-5.0

Reaction score
My buddy was actually thinking about buying that Ebay intake but I don't think he is anymore. Mostly because he didnt want to mess with running dual Mafs. He called the guy about it and he said just join the pipes and run only one. WTF is the point of twin throttle bodies if they're gonna be joined between the maf and tb's. Haha

Jeremy

bimmertech

Reaction score
Dark-5.0 said:
My buddy was actually thinking about buying that Ebay intake but I don't think he is anymore. Mostly because he didnt want to mess with running dual Mafs. He called the guy about it and he said just join the pipes and run only one. WTF is the point of twin throttle bodies if they're gonna be joined between the maf and tb's. Haha

Jeremy

i would actually run speed density, running 2 mafs would require 2 ecm's--at least that is how BMW does it. i would prolly go megasquirt, my biggest draw back is the gt40 port pattern.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online