BBK TB question

CobraClone94

Reaction score
When i figure it out, You'll be the first to know.
Hey all,

I need a new set of eyes on a problem i have been fighting with.

I have just installed a used BBK TB i got from a sn95 member, and i have been fighting a high idle.. starts cold at 2K then settle's into about 1200. I have replaced the IAC but it didn't change anything.. The Car has been checked for Vac leaks 3 times, twice by me, and once by a local shop none were found.. I have also replaced the TPS and it has also be adjusted...Other then the high idle the car runs, and sounds amazing, throttle response is crisp.. The only reason i replaced the IAC was because when i unplug it, the idle drops to around 700 and is steady, i was told this was a faulty IAC.

I am kinda out of ideas.. anyone have an idea if i am missing something?..

Thanks

Don

PS: What the heck is this hole for?.. there's another one opposite of it. they seem to be threaded, and are completely closed. EDIT: It wasn't till i looked at stock photos of this TB that i relaized that peice with the holes in it, are a add on.. I may try pulling that off tomorrow and see if that does anything.

Hole_zpsojznt1yu.jpg

TrickVert

Reaction score
I would suggest performing the base idle reset procedure HERE.

Andy

P.S. As for the "holes," with that macro close-up, I'm not sure what we're looking at. (?)

OP
OP
CobraClone94

CobraClone94

Reaction score
I would suggest performing the base idle reset procedure HERE.

Andy

P.S. As for the "holes," with that macro close-up, I'm not sure what we're looking at. (?)

Hey Andy,

The base idle was set after the TPS was adjusted.. That plate looks like an aftermarket adjustment plate.. I am removing it tomorrow, and see what happens..

Thanks for chiming in :)

Don

RichV

Reaction score
Nitrous and fuel nozzle taps perhaps? You'll need to block those. You should be able to get a couple of 1/8" NPT plugs and use as pugs.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
adjust the one that you can't reach up so it is choking the air and then see if you can then adjust the 2nd one to get it down.

OP
OP
CobraClone94

CobraClone94

Reaction score
So yeah, I spent some time trying to adjust the IAC, no matter what i tried the idle got higher.. only when i close off the adjuster and all but have the idle screw out (backed off for stick-age) the idle is about 1100 now.. i can't get it lower..

I am gonna try pulling my filter off and for a stall test.. I am out of ideas..I was assured their are no vac leaks.. guess they were wrong.

TrickVert

Reaction score
You mentioned that a base idle reset procedure had already been done. Was it done with that bypass plate installed? If so, I'd remove it, and perform the reset procedure again.

Andy

OP
OP
CobraClone94

CobraClone94

Reaction score
You mentioned that a base idle reset procedure had already been done. Was it done with that bypass plate installed? If so, I'd remove it, and perform the reset procedure again.

Andy

I am gonna do a smoke test tomorrow, it's to windy right now.. and maybe a stall test, i have to make sure she is not sucking air from somewhere.. I have put the plate back on.. no reason to remove it, if it's closed and not doing anything.. if for some reason i think it is i will remove it and do a reset..

OP
OP
CobraClone94

CobraClone94

Reaction score
So an update: Turns out the issue was my fault. When i installed the TB, i guess i was a little light with RV in one of the corners. Then i didn't wait for it to cure, so the combo of those two things means when i took it for a rip it must have blown a hole in that corner. So i did a smoke test and found it. I have re gasketed it and i am letting it cure over night. I re did my smoke test after i was done and there are NO MORE leaks. So i should be good to go tomorrow *fingers crossed*.

I also have a Smog pump on order.. will be here next week :)

Now if the weather would brighten up a little, I will be set to cruise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online