BDAY is in 2 days! IDEAS!!!!????

S

scarface

Re: BDAY is in 4 days! IDEAS!!!!????

[TxCobrA98 said:
]
the bucking is in the driveline im pretty sure.. me and my dad are jacking it up tomorrow and were going to check the u-joints..

also, my intake gasket is hopefully causing my car to be running as rich as it is.. on the dyno, my AF ratio goes below 10..

would my intake gasket cause my car to be running really really slow? i mean, if i get on it at all, my car feels like a dog.. is it just a really big vacuum leak? and also when i rev it up, my car takes FOREVER to go back down to idle.. could this be the reason? im thinking all this is caused by the stupid intake gasket, or so i hope... please help!
yes it would cause all of those issues.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score

scarface said:
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
the bucking is in the driveline im pretty sure.. me and my dad are jacking it up tomorrow and were going to check the u-joints..

also, my intake gasket is hopefully causing my car to be running as rich as it is.. on the dyno, my AF ratio goes below 10..

would my intake gasket cause my car to be running really really slow? i mean, if i get on it at all, my car feels like a dog.. is it just a really big vacuum leak? and also when i rev it up, my car takes FOREVER to go back down to idle.. could this be the reason? im thinking all this is caused by the stupid intake gasket, or so i hope... please help!

:dancing6: man i sure hope soo... why does it take so long to go back down to idle? is there not as much pressure inside the motor as there should be?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

On the spoiler - Saleen's quality isn't that hot. It will require fitment.
I have one in my garage, and it will need some masaging.

ABC is probably a bit better, but will also take some fitting I would think.

If you don't get the spoiler, how bout that CNC plug cover plate. That would be sweet too.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score

yeah i saw those... they are definitely cool looking but for $125, id rather get other things and this spoiler is the last thing on my list for exterior mods, that i know of so far... :)

plus, i got a guy painting it for free, and if he doesn't, my buddy that paints cars at the ford dealership will paint my spoiler for like 75 bucks.

S

scarface

[TxCobrA98 said:
]
scarface said:
[TxCobrA98 said:
]

:dancing6: man i sure hope soo... why does it take so long to go back down to idle? is there not as much pressure inside the motor as there should be?
you have a vaccume leak and the ECU is trying to compensate.

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score

[TxCobrA98 said:
]
allproahole said:
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
Hey man those are some great ideas.. i have a whole excel spreadsheet that has parts i want on it. i should have looked at that but i haven't revised it in a month or so so i forgot about it.. those cobra mats would be great... you know of a good place for cheap? i have them on my list but i forgot what website i have them linked to, ill have to open it up... thanks for the ideas, and ill take a look at those boots.
a spreadsheet with parts you want??? I thought I was the only one!!! You damn nerd..

haha i have mine seperated into parts i already own, parts i want, total spent on labor, total spent on parts, and the total of parts i don't own yet.. and a section for notes.. its all color coded too. its pretty hardcore. ill take screenshots of it tomorrow. im to tired to do it now.

I have something like that too...or had it on my 98...i had a sheet with everything I spent on it...down to the oil drain pan I bought from walmart that had a hole in it...and it's replacement...and two different oil filter wrenches...and the only mod I did was the clear corners....I have different levels of mod...mildstang, midstang, and dreamstang...you damn nerd

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
haha, dreamstang. nice list. i just keep my reciepts for everything.. i dont put how much ive spent on oil or anything on it.. just major mods to the car. :)

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
Re: BDAY is tomorrow! IDEAS!!!!????

hey guys, well i know this isn't really what i was originally looking for but im thinking get this now because ive wanted one for a while, then a little down teh road when i have money for a tune i will get the C & L MAF to match up to this inlet tube.. tell me what you think! this is like the first inlet tube ive found to fit my car.. they used to not have one when i first started looking, or so i thought.. iono but check it out and let me know what you guys think.

http://www.cnlperformance.com/inlet.html

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
that would definitely be cool man... in a few years, i could say i knew that guy!

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
that would definitely be cool man... in a few years, i could say i knew that guy!

My daughter asked me if I wanted John Force's autograph . . . I said: "No. But if you see him, tell him I'm comin after him!"

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
WOOT HES LEGAL!!!!! HAPPY BDAY :)

haha

im thinking im going to buy some centercaps, that C&L inlet pipe, and something else... ill still have like a hundred bux to play with.