beefing up the rear

i8ur-riceburner

Reaction score
what would i need to beef up the rear end, im think moser 31 spline axles, 31 spline diferential, torque-arm, panhard bar, lower control arms, am i missing anything?
my mods are 4.10's, diablo tune, long tubes, prochamber, flowmasters, k&n fipk

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I went with the Auburn Pro differential and Moser 31spl axles with a TA Girdle. The Auburn pro may be a bit overkill for the street but i know it will hold up to my abuse. As far as rear suspension i did Steeda upper/lower aluminum control arms and steeda springs.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
I went with the Auburn Pro differential and Moser 31spl axles with a TA Girdle. The Auburn pro may be a bit overkill for the street but i know it will hold up to my abuse. As far as rear suspension i did Steeda upper/lower aluminum control arms and steeda springs.

nice set-up

Rantheman

Reaction score
I have heard nothing bad about eaton differentals it what i got in ym chevelle rear end just never had the plesure of using it yet

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
DropTopPony said:

nice set-up

thanks...sometimes you think your driving a tank with all the clanking and clunking when the diff engages/disengages but i got used to it.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Snakebit said:
DropTopPony said:

nice set-up

thanks...sometimes you think your driving a tank with all the clanking and clunking when the diff engages/disengages but i got used to it.

well it may sound like a tank but I bet that bitch locks and burns both tires every time :dancing6:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you keeping the stock shocks?

Looking at Maximum Motorsports I hope :)

whty98

Reaction score
I think a full MM rear suspension would be awesome, but not cheap. Good choice Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
whty98 said:
I think a full MM rear suspension would be awesome, but not cheap. Good choice Dalamar
Thank you whty98, I just ordered some Xtreme LCA's to complete my MM rear suspension. they're built to handle race launches & high torque.
I recommend the panhard rod. mine rides awsome! the panhard has huge benefits over uppers and lowers like most ppl do.
better launching, axle stays centered, alwaays, better corner exit traction, axle deflection is gone :)

BTW if you're looking at uppers, call and ask MM why that's a no no.
suspension bind and torque box damage is a nice side effect if stiff bushin'd aftermarket upper control arms.

whty98

Reaction score
You could get the torque arm (from MM) and all the required stuff and eliminate the upper control arms and quad shocks, making a three link suspension. Or go with Steeda and make a five-link. Expensive choices but you get what you pay for

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
true that, the 3 link is superior, I'll probably change to that if I get into track racing.
It's spendy though. good suggestion.

You'll still want the panhard.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It says it can fit, but I"m sure it's tight.
I'll know here in a little while.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Max motorsports is the way to go. I have there LCA's, CC Plates. This month I will be purchasing there Pan hard bar and K member. If your like me you want the best for your car. Plus MM has one hell of a tech line if you need any info.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They sure do!

They helped me figure out a number of problems I had with other brand suspension parts.
now who else will do that for you.

Pricing really isn't expensive if you look at what you're getting.
Superior engineered parts made from better materials. :dancing6:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
LI98GT said:
If we go panhard on our stangs, does that elimate the ability to use the rear tailpipes?
I just talked to MM about this.
The panhard fits around stock exhaust roughting.
so stock exhaust, flowmaster or mangnaflows? (I think)

Other brands have to be fit by an exhaust shop, nothing a few hours of shop time can't take care of!

I'm going with Bassani, since I love the sound.

BTW - I've replaced all the "other" brand suspension parts I had with MM parts.
Now that is the expensive way to do it!

Scott 96Cobra(rip)

Reaction score
Auburn is also very good for your setup ....

Don't forget the girdle.

MM lca's no question. Dump the Quads while you are under there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Staff online

Members online