Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Dyno Performance' started by Michael Plummer, Feb 21, 2007.
RWHP: over 90rwhp
RWTQ: over 40rwtq
All from adding 9 more degrees of total timing.
hey Mike,glad to see you over on here too. What was your total timing with the added 9*? Boost pressure,injectors,and nozzel size? I'm just curious to see how much farther i can go with mine,just looking for a comparrison. Thanks
I have been debating switching over to snow from my SMC kit....But im not sure what benefit's either have over one another?
I think i was talkin to you about it before in another post....but as far as one of the biggest benefits goes,the snow kits have variable activation modules,one that goes off MAF voltage,and the other goes off boost pressure. The best part about this is that you can fine tune how fast the kit activates,gradual pressure ramping(less saturation=s more power). Like for me with the Kb,I'm always hitting boost in every gear,and Im also completely dependent on meth as a chemical innercooler persay...so i have my ramp rates start at 5psi,and go full pressure at 14psi....this way i can keep all my throttle response in light load conditions,and experience no intial starting bog like most other kits are notorious for. Snow also has piggy back "Saftey Injection" module,which acts as a safegaurd against pump failure,or low level conditions....and allows you to set how much timing you want to pull incase of an incident. Another big pro is their nozzel systems atomize the best,when most kits tend to "spit" or stream......for the price,they cant really be beat.
I agree with the price...I paid over 500 bux for mine. http://www.smcenterprises.com
My kit has everything yours does except the "safety injection." Only insurance I have is the relocation of the AIT sensor, it will allow the ecu to pull timing if THe spray doesnt start or stops mid spray.
with the pulley I have I hit boost in every gear also, so I have mine set to start spraying at 5 psi, and full spray at 9. ( my max boost is 13-14 psi...depending on temps)
I use to run their kit on my GN,it was pretty good,but the pump pressure fluctuated a lot,and that scared me. All of snow's kits come with upgraded 150psi pumps,with built in checkvalves. The Safety Injection is a piggy back,that is an additional $100 i think. The only problem with the ACT relocation,is that it's not a true safeguard. It helps,but if you run out of meth or the pump fails to operate,there is still fluid in the lines...which will slowly pull out,and finally stop to cool. Then you start to rely on the ecu's ability to pull timing fast enough through sensor monitoring......and it only takes a milisecond to detonate at out boost pressures......so it's like a 50/50 shot(scares me all the time)lol Do you use a tweecer?
Steve (smc) updated the pumps and bought ones with check valves, so got that under check.... I know we talked about this before, but I had this kit made for the stang. I was a returning customer coming from an Sti.
You are right about the fail safe though...I may look into selling my kit on the Suby site, and possibly buy the snow kit.
No tweecer for me. I have a 97 gt. I am SCT tuned by Ed Clark at Steen Racing.
I havent been tuned for the meth yet or my added 3 psi from my anderson powerpipe....Ill probably blow this thing to bits if these two give me much more HP..lol
Michael, I sent you a Email. Will be from [email protected]
Hi there 94twinscrew,
On that day I started with 17 degrees total and ended up with 26 degrees total. Normally I run 28.8 degrees total and at 28.8 degrees the car made 609rwhp.
So adding another 1.2 degrees, my combo picked up another 15rwhp :thumb:
Anything more and the car makes zilch so its all done at 28.8 degrees. I noticed with the Ford "alphabet cams" (B, E and F cams) alot of people can run total timing up to 32-34 degrees, so it depends on the type of camshaft you're using. Try adding more timing, if it picks up great if not just back it down to the point that makes the most. Nothing will happen, you have detonation control with the methanol.
I have to admit 94twinscrew has posted some great information (all of it true) here and on other web pages about the benefits of the Snow product and personally I can't really add anything else to what he has already written but I will try in the next post.
Take a look and see why the Snow Performance Boost Cooler is your best choice in water/methanol injection.
1. Engineering Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Each system has been designed and tested by engineers to ensure reliability and robustness. The Boost CoolerÃ¢â€žÂ¢ will do what it should do for a long time. No failure prone brass, or rubber, is used as the others and our component flow rates are calculated and specÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ed to work with each other.
2. Digital Variable Controllers for different applications Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Not just boost actuated, we have specially designed controllers for each vehicle/application to ensure maximum power. Unlike the others, most of our controllers feature true 2D maps facilitating the most correct injection and power under all conditions for the most advanced systems available.
3. High Pressure/ High volume Pumps Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Our pumps are specially designed exclusively for Snow Performance to deliver higher pressures and reliability. Features include: higher pressure (150-180+ psi), self priming, integrated check valve, and thermal protection for safety. Each pump is pre-tested and designed to work with methanol unlike some of the others that use off the shelf agricultural pumps.
4. Unsurpassed Atomization Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Along with higher pressures, our nozzles are specially designed to spin the fluid supersonically before forcing through a venture-shaped orifice for the best atomization available. Better atomization means more power.
5. Trained technical and tuning advice Ã¢â‚¬â€œ trained, knowledgeable technicians are always available to help you. We have more data and hands-on experience with diesel and gasoline applications than anyone so you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have to guess. Plus you folks have 94twinscrew & Michael Plummer to help you. O0
6. Warranty Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Life time warranty available. Snow backs itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s systems with industry leading warrantees. Compare this to the others 1-year limited warranty.
7. Safety Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Our new SafeInjectionÃ¢â€žÂ¢ (patent pending) is the ultimate in safety for even the most aggressively tuned applications. This ensures worry-free power in even the most demanding racing applications as well as full power on the street.
8. Proven Performance Ã¢â‚¬â€œ All our systems are backed with dyno data proven by numerous magazine articles and more World Records than anyone. Buy the same kit the pros and championship race teams use Ã¢â‚¬â€œ buy the Boost CoolerÃ¢â€žÂ¢.
9. Complete kit Ã¢â‚¬â€œ When you buy a Boost CoolerÃ¢â€žÂ¢, you get a complete kit right down to the reservoir and tap. Also, we have more kits for specific applications than anyone. Eliminate the guess work - get a kit for your vehicle complete with installation instructions that include vehicle specific photos and performance backed-up with dyno charts.
Sorry the above info was cut and pasted by yours truly.
That's a nice gain there!
thanks for the info.
I'm adding the Snow kit when I put on my turbos
turbos? As in plural, two, twins, dual. You may not need it. But if you do, I hope you come to yours truly when it comes time to buy it.
Ya, I'm planning on twins.
Why wouldn't I need it? just curious.
well i currently do have twin turbos on my 6'r and i've been looking at water/meth for EVER. I am currently running a stock longblock so i am extreamly weary of detonation. Currently my Intercooler is running out of efficiency arround 12psi, my low boost is 8psi so no issues, but i run 388whp @ 15psi with only 10-12* timing up top. I was going to just get a tune with C16 for extra timing for the track but if i can raise it AND lower my intake temps while maintaining a detonation safe tune i might be very tempted.
You say your a wholesaler, does that mean you sell for less then the Snowperformance.com site does?
Im seriously thinking about doing a snow kit also.
It will depend on your HP level. I have an old customer that sold his blower setup and he went to a twin turbo setup and now he makes over 800rwhp and 800rwtq all on pump gas. His setup is very conservative and he is very happy with that HP level and he feels detonation won't be an issue. So it depends on the person whether they want or need the protection water/methanol injection provides.
In your case a water/methanol setup would be ideal. The word "wholesaler" is alittle misleading. The real meaning is as follows: I am setup to sell and establish a dealer network here in Massachusetts and RI. So if a performance shop in my area wants to sell Snow performance products they will have to go thru me .
Being a Wholedsaler, I have a HIGHER buy-in rate than Dealers and I have to carry in my stock a certain number of product.
Can I sell below Snow Performance retail pricing? Yes, everyone is limited to a 3% discount off retail pricing...me included. If a Dealer or Wholesaler is caught selling less than the 3% discount rate they and me would lose our rights as a Dealer or Wholesaler. So based off of my initial investment to become a Wholesaler that is not going to happen.
I hope this sheds a light on the subject.
So then there is no point in buying through you. No offense. It is just as easy/cheap to order throught he website yes?
Im thinking if i went that route i would go with the one that reads boost off manifold vacume and i might even buy that 7qt tank and put it in the trunk . .
stage 2 it is.
i have reallay been thinking of going with a stage 2 kit but it will have to wait awhile before i can afford something like that.
The point is, I would get credit for the sale and you would have me available for tech advice
If you buy from Snow Performance then I get credit for nothing.