Best 2014 AWD car out there?

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Alright so im looking into purchasing a DD. After putting a turbo on my 95, DD it was never in my plans even when she was N/A... so in about 2 months I plan on making a purchase or leasing a 2014 AWD that can be DD all year round.... I don't want some slow 200hp POS... but my thoughts so far is the EVO, WRX STI, 3 Series BMW and after that I am unsure. I am very undecided and I know this isn't really mustang related but im sure people have plenty of knowledge on this so out of those 3 cars, what do you think is the best overall car? If you think it isn't on the list, I am open to other cars to check out.... Again, just trying to get some ideas... thanks guys.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
If you are just planning to DD I would go with a WRX or STI. If you want to mod it I would go for an evo

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
If you are just planning to DD I would go with a WRX or STI. If you want to mod it I would go for an evo

Well I think it would be pretty hard for me not to want to mod anything I own honestly... but with having the stang I don't plan on throwing like Twin turbos on anything lol.... could a STI go from 305 to like 350 with some bolt ons that include an exhaust?? ive only owned mustangs in my life so modding something like this I know nothing about lol

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Gotta go with the Audi S4, classy, stylish and hauls ass. also gets great gas mileage if that's important to you, I've been lookin at 2010s and the new ones are even nicer. That being said though your request is pretty vague.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta go with the Audi S4, classy, stylish and hauls ass. also gets great gas mileage if that's important to you, I've been lookin at 2010s and the new ones are even nicer. That being said though your request is pretty vague.

This is damn near exactly what I was about to type.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score

Well I mean I didn't have anything crazy specific in mind that's why.... like I said.. I want a 2nd car.. would like for it to be a brand new 1.. 2014.. either I lease or finance it.. but what im looking for is AWD, around 300-350hp.. reliable and modifiable if possible 25mpg highway is more than enough to keep me happy doesn't need to be in the the 30s or anything... STI is nice, putting out 305, and im curious that if with an exhaust, maybe a small addition under the hood and than with a tune if I can get closer to 340-350.. so yea I want a DD with about 340-350... if that means I have to spend 500-1000 or 1500 to do that, im ok with that.. but whats really reliable.. and if anybody has any expeience in these newer ones towards which is more comfortable and fun to drive?? not sure if any of that helped and it was definitely not organized but yea lol something like that?

ElKabong197

Reaction score
You won't get 350 out of an sti without a bigger turbo, engine work or maybe a lot of e85, they avg about 250whp stock. Bolt ons MIGHT get you 310 - 330whp with close to 350tq.

Sent from my Galaxy S fizzledizzle using Tapatizzile Twizzle

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
You won't get 350 out of an sti without a bigger turbo, engine work or maybe a lot of e85, they avg about 250whp stock. Bolt ons MIGHT get you 310 - 330whp with close to 350tq.

naw yea I know that.. I didn't mean 340 to the wheels.... if it has 305 at the crank id like to push that number up to about 340ish.... than again im happy with just a really nice exhaust and tints for these cars... I just wanna know which in every ones opininon is the best overall car for power/reliable/DD/fun/comfortable..etc...

ElKabong197

Reaction score
Who counts crank hp numbers, sure you don't want a Volkswagen instead....?

But seriously, an intake/exhaust/tune sti would make for a fun, sporty dd, but I'd take the newer s4 over it. More comfortable, auto or manual trans, and dat blower whine....

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
well the S4 fits everything you want and more, and it runs in the 12s bone stock. Not to mention will be more comfortable and better built than the evo/wrx.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Who counts crank hp numbers, sure you don't want a Volkswagen instead....?

But seriously, an intake/exhaust/tune sti would make for a fun, sporty dd, but I'd take the newer s4 over it. More comfortable, auto or manual trans, and dat blower whine....

lmao true but when you search specs it gives you crank ya know?? and thanks man, probably gonna toss the bmw idea out and throw the S4 into the equation

STI all day. I'd love one as a winter car.

that is exactly what im thinking... living in NY sucks I haven't heard the sound of my stang in like a month cause there is so much salt here I can never take her out... STI is top of my list for the newer cars simply cause of the price and what your getting for it... but the other guys mentioned the S4 and there is no way you cant give that consideration ya know

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
lol I do agree with you on that 1... if I wasn't looking to get a new car.. that would definitely be on my list to highly consider

Whoops. I actually didn't realize you want a 2014. I thought you were just looking for a daily in general.

I'm not really a fan of the 2014 BMW lineup unless you're getting an M package.
I agree with Onyx that the S4 is a pretty nice car all around. Power, luxury, comfort.

I also really like the new Focus ST.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
well the S4 fits everything you want and more, and it runs in the 12s bone stock. Not to mention will be more comfortable and better built than the evo/wrx.

really? 12s? nice.. any idea what the sti is running stock? only reason truly right now im favoring the STI is for money purposes of it being 10-12gs cheapier ya know? same with the insurance part.. but what your getting for the audi definitely is worth it

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Another thing if you prefer Japenese reliability the new Lexus IS350 awd is pretty damn sharp lookin. should be just over 300hp stock. I really don't know what the STi's run because i'm not interested in them. You ain't lyin though new cars aren't cheap, especially the higher end ones. I'm leaning towards an '11 IS350 awd for myself because my current Lexus has been a dream and I don't trust German cars. that and it's cheaper than the S4.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Whoops. I actually didn't realize you want a 2014. I thought you were just looking for a daily in general.

I'm not really a fan of the 2014 BMW lineup unless you're getting an M package.
I agree with Onyx that the S4 is a pretty nice car all around. Power, luxury, comfort.

I also really like the new Focus ST.

lol no worries man... yea my boy has the 2013 3 series with the m package with it and its awesome but that's like my last resort option compared to the other options... and I work for ford here in NY so I see the focus a lot and they are awesome to drive, I just am preferring AWD right now otherwise focus would be a great choice for money wise..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Staff online

Members online