Best 2014 AWD car out there?

ElKabong197

Reaction score
Emissions, and price. A focus rs would probably cost more than the 5.0. They are already like 30000£

Sent from my Galaxy S fizzledizzle using Tapatizzile Twizzle

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
ahhh yea that makes sense.. then again, for me, a nice R34 gtr would sound extremely amazing... 1 could dream right lol

CWO

Reaction score
'01-'02 Stage III Audi S4 will make 450+awhp.

Not as new as you asked for, but any car that has been stage III'd will have all the other stuff upgraded already and most Audi guys take care of their shit. That's what I would do anyway. Looking around $10-12k for a nice one.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Yea I mean don't get me wrong, stage 3 and all sounds stick, but I don't know if I need 2 cars putting at least 450 to the wheels ya know? for a DD I don't need it all.. I'm definitely gonna check or the new s4 thigh and compare price + how much I like driving them.. I just hope the Audi won't be too steep if I end up loving it lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Caboose302

Reaction score
Yeah, they're huge.

Just convince ford to ship a AWD, 2 door, focus st for you. Or even a used RS.

I want an RS so damn bad. Helluva DD!
Probably get worse gas mileage than my car though.
WRXs are definitely overplayed but so are mustangs. And they are a blast in the snow. Had a buddy in the army that bought a new Evo so he could drive it in the snow and hated it. Turned it into a track car.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
yeaa I want something, safe, reliable, and a whole lot of fun in the snow.. it just keeps on coming, snow hasn't stopped for a while here and its annoying... thank god for garages lol

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
A guy I use to hang out with has a 2008 BMW 335I. With turbo's back exhaust, CAI, intercooler, and a tune. He laid down to the wheels on a mustang dyno 440/476 on pump gas. This is a 4 door fully loaded automatic and gets 30 MPG. On shitty DR's it runs 11.2/11.4 in the 1320. The 2008's have a all forged motor and are capable of 1000 hp to the wheels stock! Get the xi and you have AWD all for mid high $20's... Just something for you to think about.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
A guy I use to hang out with has a 2008 BMW 335I. With turbo's back exhaust, CAI, intercooler, and a tune. He laid down to the wheels on a mustang dyno 440/476 on pump gas. This is a 4 door fully loaded automatic and gets 30 MPG. On shitty DR's it runs 11.2/11.4 in the 1320. The 2008's have a all forged motor and are capable of 1000 hp to the wheels stock! Get the xi and you have AWD all for mid high $20's... Just something for you to think about.

I appreciate it man... those are some impressive numbers for sure in a 335I... those come with the turbo already right? honestly if I was looking for a AWD car as my 1 and only car... I would definitely be looking into something that can be easily heavy modified.... but since my stang is putting 470 to the wheels already and she might get jumped up to about 510 before the winter is over... I just wanna keep it simple ya know? I wanna have a car that is pretty much stock except for an exhaust, and throw a tune if needed down the road...

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
I appreciate it man... those are some impressive numbers for sure in a 335I... those come with the turbo already right? honestly if I was looking for a AWD car as my 1 and only car... I would definitely be looking into something that can be easily heavy modified.... but since my stang is putting 470 to the wheels already and she might get jumped up to about 510 before the winter is over... I just wanna keep it simple ya know? I wanna have a car that is pretty much stock except for an exhaust, and throw a tune if needed down the road...

How far will you get in the snow with the stang tho??? And the mods I listed isn't heavily and is very simple,also its nice to go from 300ish to almost 500 to the wheels with just a push of a button on the fly!.... Now your mustang,thats heavily modded in my book. If your looking at the cars you say? What about a raptor.........My buddy has a 2010 empreza and is modded nicely and make 320ish to the wheels. That is the most uncomfortable micky moused cheap feeling interior extremely over priced car,i have ever been in! I mentioned the 335 cause they are inexpensive,AWD,and make decent power.

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score

Sorry yes inline 6 twin turbo. They also have almost 0 turbo lag

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
How far will you get in the snow with the stang tho??? And the mods I listed isn't heavily and is very simple,also its nice to go from 300ish to almost 500 to the wheels with just a push of a button on the fly!.... Now your mustang,thats heavily modded in my book. If your looking at the cars you say? What about a raptor.........My buddy has a 2010 empreza and is modded nicely and make 320ish to the wheels. That is the most uncomfortable micky moused cheap feeling interior extremely over priced car,i have ever been in! I mentioned the 335 cause they are inexpensive,AWD,and make decent power.

well im not going anywhere in the snow with the stang lmao it sits in a garage during this weather, hence why im trying to do my research on this in the first place for a DD.. and your also now talking specifically about the 08 right? now any of the brand new ones?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
hey thanks for the information man. I will ask this though. What is an AccessPort? lol how much did doing that run you??

An AccessPort is a device that reflashes the computer. It's sold by Cobb. I drove the car stock for the warranty period, once that was over I reflashed the ECU with the Cobb AccessPort. It does various things, mostly improves the AFR, and ups the boost by a couple pounds. I estimate with the flash alone the car now has around 350 FWHP. I made a huge difference - the car already felt quick, now even more so. For the Subaru, the brand new version 3 Cobb AccessPort costs about $650. You can get the older one (version 2) for about $500 probably now. The difference between the two is the new version has a better display, better graphs and readouts, is more meant to be left in the car as a tuning device, rather than just an ECU reflasher.

the problem is, the OLD ones hold their value extremely well, im not too entirely sure about the new ones. I'm actually keeping my eye on the 2015 WRX, sposed to come with a more sti like ride, and the 6 spd manual.

Well, I just priced up my STI on KBB, for a 3 year old car with about 40,000 miles on it, KBB said it was worth about $29K. IMO, that's holding it's value quite well. The 2008 to 2010's were probably the weaker ones in the line-up, so maybe they don't hold their values quite as well. But I think you'd be surprised.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
An AccessPort is a device that reflashes the computer. It's sold by Cobb. I drove the car stock for the warranty period, once that was over I reflashed the ECU with the Cobb AccessPort. It does various things, mostly improves the AFR, and ups the boost by a couple pounds. I estimate with the flash alone the car now has around 350 FWHP. I made a huge difference - the car already felt quick, now even more so. For the Subaru, the brand new version 3 Cobb AccessPort costs about $650. You can get the older one (version 2) for about $500 probably now. The difference between the two is the new version has a better display, better graphs and readouts, is more meant to be left in the car as a tuning device, rather than just an ECU reflasher.

oh wow yea that isn't crazy expensive or anything at all with those kind of improvements.. I mean I got plenty I still wanna do to the stang so my DD will stay stock except tints for at least a year lol but I appreciate it man.. im definitely going to keep this in my head when I wanna mod

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
oh wow yea that isn't crazy expensive or anything at all with those kind of improvements.. I mean I got plenty I still wanna do to the stang so my DD will stay stock except tints for at least a year lol but I appreciate it man.. im definitely going to keep this in my head when I wanna mod

Sure thing. That's where I was. I bought the STI as a DD, then shortly after bought the Mustang as my track car. I haven't really done anything to the STI - pretty much stock with the exception of the AccessPort. And I love it. That's why I went with the STI over the WRX - I knew I wouldn't be modding the DD for quite a while, that's what the Mustang is for. I was originally going to get the WRX, but felt that if I did, I'd be wanting to mod it right away. Which would defeat the purpose of the DD for me - I'd want to keep it mostly stock and reliable (and not a money pit). Thus the STI I chose.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Sure thing. That's where I was. I bought the STI as a DD, then shortly after bought the Mustang as my track car. I haven't really done anything to the STI - pretty much stock with the exception of the AccessPort. And I love it. That's why I went with the STI over the WRX - I knew I wouldn't be modding the DD for quite a while, that's what the Mustang is for. I was originally going to get the WRX, but felt that if I did, I'd be wanting to mod it right away. Which would defeat the purpose of the DD for me - I'd want to keep it mostly stock and reliable (and not a money pit). Thus the STI I chose.

these are literally my exact thoughts right here... I just got done putting a 70mm turbo on the stang.. that's my baby, my weekend warrior, my car that I want to destroy with.... ive always thought of getting a STI when I was younger and now im soon to be in a position to do so... I don't want 2 cars to be in a money pit, im not rolling in that kind of cash lol but yea 250-260 to the wheels AWD in the snow right now sounds good.... I definitely wanna check out the S4 cause if I can lease that for a decent price I may consider it for sure... but I don't know if I need all that lol

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's hard to beat a Subie in the snow (of which I have no experience with, Florida and all). When I was doing my research, I was watching lots of videos on youtube. Many of them were of Subie's in the snow, and showed just how well they work. Florida doesn't have snow, but it does get torrential down pours. I've been at 80 on the highway in super heavy rain - not because I'm an idiot (which perhaps I am) but because I didn't really notice with the car. Sure, you have to watch out for hydroplaning and all that. But as far as the car was concerned, stability wise, it might as well have not been raining. I can honestly say that the STI actually feels a little better in those situations then my GF's A4. Her car has stepped out once. The STI has never stepped out yet (knock on wood) and it's got much wider tires. Both feel very stable though.

CWO

Reaction score
Well if fun in the snow is a concern, Stage III 2003 Audi All Road. Done and done. All fun, cargo room, and ground clearance you'd ever need :D

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
It's hard to beat a Subie in the snow (of which I have no experience with, Florida and all). When I was doing my research, I was watching lots of videos on youtube. Many of them were of Subie's in the snow, and showed just how well they work. Florida doesn't have snow, but it does get torrential down pours. I've been at 80 on the highway in super heavy rain - not because I'm an idiot (which perhaps I am) but because I didn't really notice with the car. Sure, you have to watch out for hydroplaning and all that. But as far as the car was concerned, stability wise, it might as well have not been raining. I can honestly say that the STI actually feels a little better in those situations then my GF's A4. Her car has stepped out once. The STI has never stepped out yet (knock on wood) and it's got much wider tires. Both feel very stable though.

yea must be nice living in florida... you guys haven't been participating in the month of December this year which is :bs:lol but all I have seen for this month is nothing but snow... and ive always heard great things about the STI in the snow... I see stuff with them all the time and im just like damn, my stang isn't gonna do that lmao.. I been looking at the prices of a S4 brand new and they are definitely a bit steep for me... I mean especially since im not looking to modify at all... I think a lease is the best way to go for me for now and then if I truly love it, buy it out.. thatll go for any car I decide to get.. between that and the stang I highly doubt I would exceed lease miles per year ya know? so tomorrow im gonna go to a Subaru dealership about 15 minutes from my house and see their prices on a leased fully loaded STI 6 speed.. any ideas how much of the full price like percentage wise they make you pay for the 3 year lease? or is it totally different for every car

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online