Best 2014 AWD car out there?

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Well if fun in the snow is a concern, Stage III 2003 Audi All Road. Done and done. All fun, cargo room, and ground clearance you'd ever need :D

LOL yea not to big on a 10 year old car right now though lol

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
but more reasonably, the ATS is a nice car. get it AWD with the 3.6 little over 300hp. neat little cars very comfy and pretty quick.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
but more reasonably, the ATS is a nice car. get it AWD with the 3.6 little over 300hp. neat little cars very comfy and pretty quick.

hmm yea I just checked it out online... that actually might be another good option to at least take a look out.. I see they have the 2.0 and 3.6 option... thanks man

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
I think you would never drive the Mustang again, if you were to get a GT-R though.

I am unsure how many of us would go back to the SN-95 lol.. I mean idk if I can ever not own a mustang, but a gtr is just like WOW lol

ElKabong197

Reaction score
The little 2 0 in the ats is a fantastic little motor. I have the prior generation in my cobalt, it makes around 310whp/350tq with just intake/downpipe/tune.

Sent from my Galaxy S fizzledizzle using Tapatizzile Twizzle

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
yea I love the 2.0 motors in general.. usually can do a lot to them.... im thinking the ATS 2.0 probably has about 230-240 to the wheels.. downpipe/intake/tune.. im thinking 270ish to the wheels... automatic I assume since its a caddy... would sound nice... gotta see what my insurance says about them

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yea must be nice living in florida... you guys haven't been participating in the month of December this year which is :bs:lol but all I have seen for this month is nothing but snow... and ive always heard great things about the STI in the snow... I see stuff with them all the time and im just like damn, my stang isn't gonna do that lmao.. I been looking at the prices of a S4 brand new and they are definitely a bit steep for me... I mean especially since im not looking to modify at all... I think a lease is the best way to go for me for now and then if I truly love it, buy it out.. thatll go for any car I decide to get.. between that and the stang I highly doubt I would exceed lease miles per year ya know? so tomorrow im gonna go to a Subaru dealership about 15 minutes from my house and see their prices on a leased fully loaded STI 6 speed.. any ideas how much of the full price like percentage wise they make you pay for the 3 year lease? or is it totally different for every car

I'm not sure what a lease would be - I ended up haggling with a couple dealerships then bought the car for cash. They didn't have what I wanted on the lot so it was ordered and shipped over from Japan. Typically, I would think a lease would end up costing more than just buying a car, that is if you intend to keep it. I don't know why I think that, I just don't trust dealerships so anything they'd do to make my life easier I am immediately suspicious of. Maybe an STI would be a good car to lease as when the lease is up and you consider buying it, the amount you would have to pay might be worth it since the car holds its value well. Most other cars I imagine you would end up paying more than what the car would be typically worth after 3 years. But I honestly don't really know anything about leasing, someone else with experience there would have to chip in.

I think you would never drive the Mustang again, if you were to get a GT-R though.

Funny you say that - while my STI is certainly no GT-R, it's a lot quicker than my Mustang. Yet I find myself driving the Mustang quite a bit. Lately, I've pretty much driven it every day and the STI has sat in the driveway. I don't know what it is about the Mustang, I just find it enjoyable to drive :) I used to think that once I got the STI I wouldn't be interested in driving anything else. I'm glad to say that isn't true. It could be because of all the work I've done on the Mustang, so maybe driving it is like driving satisfaction. I don't know. I just know that I really enjoy the Mustang. And when I get done with this next round of work, I'll love it even more :)

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Just wait until it becomes more of a handful because of the motor and such. Then I'll hear you sing a different tune.

ElKabong197

Reaction score
I enjoy driving my 95 gt more than my 09 cobalt ss, and the cobalt is a hell of a lot faster and more driver friendly.

Sent from my Galaxy S fizzledizzle using Tapatizzile Twizzle

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
technically calling it an XTS-V isn't entirely accurate. The only V they make right now is the CTS.

how so? they dropped the LS motor for 2014 altogether

ever think of a Taurus SHO? pretty quick cars i hear they can run 12's with a tune and boltons.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
how so? because they don't make an XTS-V, only a CTS-V. the new twin turbo XTS is called Vsport or something.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
ever think of a Taurus SHO? pretty quick cars i hear they can run 12's with a tune and boltons.

Yes I did give it some thought.. I brought it up in the thread but my friend had the regular Taurus and I think its just a little to big for what I'm looking for ya know... Otherwise it is an insane car to have

I'm not sure what a lease would be - I ended up haggling with a couple dealerships then bought the car for cash. They didn't have what I wanted on the lot so it was ordered and shipped over from Japan. Typically, I would think a lease would end up costing more than just buying a car, that is if you intend to keep it. I don't know why I think that, I just don't trust dealerships so anything they'd do to make my life easier I am immediately suspicious of. Maybe an STI would be a good car to lease as when the lease is up and you consider buying it, the amount you would have to pay might be worth it since the car holds its value well. Most other cars I imagine you would end up paying more than what the car would be typically worth after 3 years. But I honestly don't really know anything about leasing, someone else with experience there would have to chip in.
Yea the reason I was thinking Lear cause I figured I would only be paying a portion of the 35 grand or w.e it comes out to and then I can code to buy it and pay the rest and mod or give it up for a new one..... Decisions decisions lol but I also never have leased so that's why I'm going from dealership to dealership to see what they offer each differently

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck man, I hope you have a good experience (no sarcasm there, seriously, I hope it works out well :) )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.