Best 5 spd Tranny?

ALITL8

Reaction score
okay when i build my motor it should make between 300-350hp NA. ive heard that if im bangin this T45 it wont last long. this is going to sound stupid but what is a better 5 spd transmission for a 4.6 with some power? i may also be spraying a little so i want it to hold up under the added hp/tq.

any suggestions?

Spyder

Reaction score
Im sure your gonna be flodded with suggestions of getting a TKo

for your power level i would suggest the TKO 500

it will hold what your planning on throwing at it with ease

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
thanks spyder... lookin into it right now :santa_grin:

Spyder

Reaction score
I may be wrong but I didn't think the modulars had the t5 I thought they got the t45

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
ive got a spare t45 in the garage (came out of a 98 cobra). is there a performance rebuild kit for these?

btw, they want $1800 for the TKO 500 :santa_shocked:

96gt226410

Reaction score
I've heard that the T45 that came out of Cobra's aren't the same length as the T45 that were in the GT's. You may wanna look into that... And yes, they do make a stronger syncro/gear kit for the T45. I can't remember who does it, though. I'll ask around today and I'll get back to you...

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
thanks man, check it out for me if you have time. ive tried to find a kit but dont really know where to look... tried google :dunno:

97six

Reaction score
theres a shop in florida that rebuilds T-45s. i just have to get the name of the shop for you. but, since you have a space T-45 just send one down and theyll rebuild it for you. my dad sent his there and they found a twist in the input or output shaft that wasnt able to be seen with the eye, so id say that they are good.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Leave the stock 5 speed in there until it does break. Just to give you an idea of what they will take, the stock 5 speed in my Cobra with 45,000 miles on it took many 1.4 60's and held together in my Cobra which was making around 570rwhp. The 5 speed lasted longer than my rods did. :nonono:

It's all in how you drive the car. I have had friends that couldn't keep 2nd and 3rd gear in their 250rwhp 5.0's but I've never broken any trannys and anyone that knows me will tell you that I can snatch some gears. :dunno: I believe its all in how you drive it. But if I were to put a new 5 speed in my car it would be nothing but a TKO.

G

GREG@SN95

Stopsign32v said:
Leave the stock 5 speed in there until it does break. Just to give you an idea of what they will take, the stock 5 speed in my Cobra with 45,000 miles on it took many 1.4 60's and held together in my Cobra which was making around 570rwhp. The 5 speed lasted longer than my rods did. :nonono:

It's all in how you drive the car. I have had friends that couldn't keep 2nd and 3rd gear in their 250rwhp 5.0's but I've never broken any trannys and anyone that knows me will tell you that I can snatch some gears. :dunno: I believe its all in how you drive it. But if I were to put a new 5 speed in my car it would be nothing but a TKO.

Dont leave the tranny stock til it breaks...

that is by far the stupidest idea I've ever heard...

What a waste of money...

either build it...

or

sell it and swap for a better one

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online