Best CAI?

switch96

Reaction score
I've tried to make it fit many times to no avail lol.

I agree with the others, gears made a bigger difference than when I installed my CAI, Longtubes, and O/R exhaust.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
RockstarMentality said:
its a street car, no need for n2o.
i crossed off headers, xover, and catback on the list, did yall not understand that meant i have those things? lol i have a custom exhaust from heads to dumps.

i never said anything about exhaust.

gears and n2o.

OP
OP
RockstarMentality

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
The only shop i found that will work on an 8.8 wants $700 + supplies. Its already as light as i care to get it, and i dont want n2o.
Please stay on topic people.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
RockstarMentality said:
The only shop i found that will work on an 8.8 wants $700 + supplies. Its already as light as i care to get it, and i dont want n2o.
Please stay on topic people.

i told you what you wanted to know... the rest of the topic is going to be crap because the answer was already laid out...

Performance:
JLT

"name brand" with STB:
MAC Midwest, BBK Performance

Money saver:
Ebay.com

now, back to the debate:

$700.00 labor is pretty rough for a ford 8.8..... call your local ford dealers and ask if they sell ford racing parts. if they do, ask if they install. if they do, ask for a price quote on gears... if an independant source quoted $700, so should Ford, except then you are getting Dealer Parts, Dealer Service, and Dealer Reputation at the same price as Joe-Blow's Grease-Monkey... .. . ..

then get nawz.... over nighted from Japan.... two bottles. the big ones.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
id personally drive out of state to do it.... $50.00 in gas + $500.00 savings + 50 bux in gas + road trip = $400.00 savings and a raodtriP! WOOO!

OP
OP
RockstarMentality

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
i just called every Ford dealership within a 50 mile radius. Most quotes were right around that $700 range, high was $1300, low was $415.

switch96

Reaction score
My buddy put mine in for $50. I realize this doesn't help you, I just enjoy bragging.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
btw if you want performance. DO NOT get rid of your strut brace, specially if you are a vert. The front end on these cars twists enough without it. get the C&L and be done with it. The JLT and that goes for all CAI, CANNOT justify themselves with me taking my STB off. I will never remove that thing except to put more parts on underneath it. And i recommend everyone keep it on too unless you get something like a roots blower and it wont fit.

At that point you better make the rest of your car super stiff to make up for it.

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
Shifty Powers said:
btw if you want performance. DO NOT get rid of your strut brace, specially if you are a vert. The front end on these cars twists enough without it. get the C&L and be done with it. The JLT and that goes for all CAI, CANNOT justify themselves with me taking my STB off. I will never remove that thing except to put more parts on underneath it. And i recommend everyone keep it on too unless you get something like a roots blower and it wont fit.

At that point you better make the rest of your car super stiff to make up for it.

This.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MM motorsports suggests never driving a mustang without a STB. and of course, you should buy their awesome gold plated platinum one...

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
just put a k&n in it and then do a set of gears. dont you have a friend or somebody that could help you?
my dad did mine :)

hell for the price people want to do it you could do it yourself, and have the money to do 3 "practice" installs if they whine lol

switch96

Reaction score
You guys do realize Cobra's didn't even have STB's in '98...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online