best camshafts for a built 2v with novi 2k blower?

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by GT3FC, May 25, 2014.

1. GT3FC

GT3FC Active Member

I am getting pretty deep into planning this engine build but what I am unsure of is camshafts. I plan on buying a short block with a fully forged rotating assembly. anyways I plan on throwing a novi 2k blower into the mix. I would like to hear some thoughts as to what would be ideal camshafts for this build. My goal for this build is to be around the 550-600hp to the rear wheels range. As to my understanding once you get into stage 3 cams or higher you need to notch the pistons in order to have the proper clearance. I do not have a problem getting the pistons notched if a stage 3+ cam will benefit my build.

P.S. I do not mind a rough idle, also this is a DD car so it has to be streetable it is also the reason why I am building on a new block so if anything happens I have a backup. 2 is 1 and 1 is none

2. 97stanger

97stanger Legend

I think custom grind is the only way to go with a build looking for those #'s out of a 2v. They are the same price as off the shelf grinds, and they are made to your exact build. And yes, I think notching the pistons would be a no brainer as well, unless you plan on running TF heads it won't be needed. You'll get a little bit of a rougher chop from a blower grind, but nowhere near an n/a grind

3. ScottyDsntKnow

ScottyDsntKnow Well-Known Member

Cushman (CMS) cams.