best camshafts for a built 2v with novi 2k blower?

GT3FC

Reaction score
I am getting pretty deep into planning this engine build but what I am unsure of is camshafts. I plan on buying a short block with a fully forged rotating assembly. anyways I plan on throwing a novi 2k blower into the mix. I would like to hear some thoughts as to what would be ideal camshafts for this build. My goal for this build is to be around the 550-600hp to the rear wheels range. As to my understanding once you get into stage 3 cams or higher you need to notch the pistons in order to have the proper clearance. I do not have a problem getting the pistons notched if a stage 3+ cam will benefit my build.

P.S. I do not mind a rough idle, also this is a DD car so it has to be streetable it is also the reason why I am building on a new block so if anything happens I have a backup. 2 is 1 and 1 is none

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I think custom grind is the only way to go with a build looking for those #'s out of a 2v. They are the same price as off the shelf grinds, and they are made to your exact build. And yes, I think notching the pistons would be a no brainer as well, unless you plan on running TF heads it won't be needed. You'll get a little bit of a rougher chop from a blower grind, but nowhere near an n/a grind

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online