Best clutch?

Slowbro96

Reaction score
Time to replace my clutch. If i try doing a burn out it wont, just burns the clutch now. Stage one spec or stage 2 spec? or witch clutch from you guys experience is best for a headers only 96 cobra? Daily driven.. thanks for any imput

SVTstang96

Reaction score
FRPP King Cobra clutch FTW!!!! I love mine and know many other members who love theirs also!

OP
OP
S

Slowbro96

Reaction score
Whats the king cobra clutch rated too? Should hold up easily with just bbk headers and a pair of hoosier slickss? LOL

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Rated at 315, but I have a friend who runs it with 365 and doesn't have issues. So it's hard to say. He is only running nitto nt555's so not nearly as sticky of a tire

SVTstang96

Reaction score
I have no issues with mine after 20k miles, cold air intake, exhaust, nitto nt555's, and driving it like i stole it. Just make sure you go with the FRPP HD throwout bearing when you do it. no aftermarket ones seem to be good, and even the FFRP HD one isnt the best, but its the best option out there.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just make sure you go with the FRPP HD throwout bearing when you do it.

OEM Ford TOB is the way to go, not FRPP.

I got a King Cobra Clutch as well after reading countless reviews and hearing lots of recommendations.
Unfortunately I haven't actually tested it out since I haven't got my car back from the transmission swap yet.

alex302

Reaction score
Just did my clutch and I went with a exedy Mach 400 stage 2, so far so good and the pedal feel is great. I agree with Ferocious, Ford oem TOB, pilot bearing and rear main seal

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
best clutch is kind of a broad question. depends if you want holding power, driveability, light pedal, etc.

OP
OP
S

Slowbro96

Reaction score
Perfer it to hold power lol. i kinda needed the clutch ASAP... just went with a stage one spec clutch from amarican muscle. hopfully im happy

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
I had a stage two spec and I am often amazed at how many people whine about them. I loved my spec, I assume you will as well. Let us know your thoughts after driving it for a bit.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
+1 for Spec I had a stage 2 for years and overall I loved it. the only negative would be in traffic the pedal effort does start tiring you out.

Caboose302

Reaction score
I have a Spec stage 2 in mine. I love it. I've heard issues with the stage 3 and up but nothing but good about the 2 and 2+. I hated my King Cobra in a fox I had.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would run a welfare stock replacement oreileys clutch before a king cobra

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
depends on your power levels over the next 36 months. .. .. if you're staying close to stock, go with an OEM unit.

a little more grit on the beast? (bolt ons + tune) get a spec stage 1.
power adder DD? spec stage 2.

kb1982

Reaction score
Thats a very hard question to answer, but I assure you, dont overclutch a dd car or you will hate it. The centerforce daul friction I had previously in my car, had great manners, and low pedal feel, but just wasnt enough for my power levels. For your powerlevels, you have alot of good options, but stay away from puck style disc with carbon/ceramic material. They chatter like hell when they start engaging and feels like they are going to break something, along with a very high pedal pressure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online