Best exhaust setup?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eliyarbrough, Mar 12, 2007.

1. 97blackgt

97blackgt Well-Known Member

flows sound good with cats...but without cats flowmasters sound like straight pipes

i like more of the exotic type sound rather than straight pipe sound...

just my opnion..

2. eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough Legend

i like more of the exotic type sound rather than straight pipe sound...

just my opinion..
    [/quote]

Yeah, I do not know what exotic means, sorry!! I am trying, promise.

Someone said that IMCO's are too raspy. I am unsure on what that means, but I am thinking of going back to 40 series FMs. Would buying an X or an H pipe change up my sound that much? Would it make up for the price of it? Which one, too? Thanks again!!

3. scarface

scarface Guest

you will be able to hear on saturday....

I think O/R h and flows.

4. 97blackgt

Yeah, I do not know what exotic means, sorry!! I am trying, promise.

Someone said that IMCO's are too raspy. I am unsure on what that means, but I am thinking of going back to 40 series FMs. Would buying an X or an H pipe change up my sound that much? Would it make up for the price of it? Which one, too? Thanks again!!
    [/quote]

exotic.....means not raspy..more of s smooth tone thats goes from quiet to load

flows with an offroad x has A LOT of rasp

5. OnyxCobra

OnyxCobra Post Whore

I dont think my flows sound much like straight pipes :dunno:

6. Fets

Fets Post Whore

Mine dont either :dunno:

7. Twista

Twista Legend

5.0 Bassani Dumped. Off-Road X pipe.

shit sounds banana's :banana: I mean everytime he started up his car i would run to the window and crack it. Thing rattled my windows and his car was far down the parking lot. Damn it thats one thing i miss about my old house :'( that damn 5.0 Fox drag racing car.

8. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Post Whore

ok let me re say that................anything LOUD that DOES NOT SOUND LIKE CRAP

9. eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough Legend

I have some custom made tips for mine coming before each rear wheel, so dumps are out. I like seeing the tips anyhow.

If I do go back to FM, I should buy 2 right? I think that would sound meaner that one with dual outlets, I think. Thanks!!

Would I want an X or an H pipe, too?

10. hottwheels04

hottwheels04 Well-Known Member

I had ford shorty headers with a off road h and slp catback, and with my cam it sounded like a 500hp 10 sec car hahah!

it wwas nasty sounding and so loud, out of all the mustangs around I had 1 of the loudest O0. but then i had to pass emissions and now i have a bassani x pipe with cats, its so quiet now i want to cry lol but it keeps away the attention from the cops now and its loud as f**k when i get on it :banana: 1 other thing now is i dont have to turn my stereo to 24 volume to hear it now hahaha now i can hear my radio and i dont get headaches or can hear when i go under a bridge hahah

11. Red96GT

Red96GT Legend

:blah2:

12. eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough Legend

That is what I am talking about!! My exhaust guy is my inspection guy, luckily. I just have never really heard of SLP before! I already lost the hearing in my left ear from my ATV accident. I would love to loose it in the other ear because of my car!!! Thanks a lot!

13. eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough Legend

And, would that cam work for mine? I want a cam for my car just for the sound!! I have never raced my car and never plan to. It is strictly a daily driver. Thanks a bunch!!!

14. Red96GT

Red96GT Legend

Yeah man. SLP is nuts, here is a short vid of the Loud Mouth 1s on the stock midpipe (6 catyltic converters :eek:utofcloset:) while barely giving it any gas and it is still loud. Not deafening loud, but loud.

[​IMG]

15. Gtnut1996

Gtnut1996 Member

i have a bbk offroad h pipe with a flowmaster cat back. everywhere i go someone is always asking me what kind of exhaust i have. people that dont care anything for exhaust are always telling me that my car sounds good. we have a ton of mustangs here and everyone here will tell you that my car sounds the best. i promise you that you will not regret it.
    I got 2 friends that put imco on there cars. they sound like crap. one has some type of x pipe, and the other just has his converters removed.
    Slp sounds like a camaro. They didnt even make anything for a Mustang until the Camaro was discontinued. They dont have my vote.
    :drunk:

16. Fets

Fets Post Whore

SLP O/R X with Flows is soo sexy!!!!!!

17. Red96GT

Red96GT Legend

^^^^^ :slap:

:hammer:

18. 97blackgt

hmmm....when u take out 6 cats...replace it with an O/R x..(which is striahgt pipes)...and run it through chambered flows...how does that not sound like straight pipes? :dunno:

theres nothing to change the tone or muffle the sound

19. MeanGrn Gt

MeanGrn Gt Well-Known Member

right now i have a bassani cb, catted bbk h pipe and flowtech shorty headers. It sounds good. I am thinking of getting an o/r prochamber or h pipe and also get some nice ceramic coated headers in the future

20. Red96GT

Red96GT Legend

an O/R x is definately raspier with original flows, but those mufflers kind of hold it back some. I know you work on cars for a living or are at least planning to and I'm surprised you think it sounds straight piped. :dunno: I'm sure you've heard an O/R with straight through mufflers right? Now those things sound straight piped. Maybe different people just hear different things. :dunno: