Best exhaust setup?

97blackgt

Reaction score
flows sound good with cats...but without cats flowmasters sound like straight pipes

i like more of the exotic type sound rather than straight pipe sound...

just my opnion..

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

just my opinion..
[/quote]

Yeah, I do not know what exotic means, sorry!! I am trying, promise.

Someone said that IMCO's are too raspy. I am unsure on what that means, but I am thinking of going back to 40 series FMs. Would buying an X or an H pipe change up my sound that much? Would it make up for the price of it? Which one, too? Thanks again!!

S

scarface

Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:
Snakebit said:
I still have to get my SLPII's as soon as I feel ready to spend money again on something other than my house.

Soon.......soon :boink:

I'd highly recommend LM1s my brotha. Just a thought.

from the clips I have heard the I's are REALLY LOUD ??? thats why I want the IIs
you will be able to hear on saturday....

I think O/R h and flows.

97blackgt

Reaction score
1STOF3 said:

just my opinion..

Yeah, I do not know what exotic means, sorry!! I am trying, promise.

Someone said that IMCO's are too raspy. I am unsure on what that means, but I am thinking of going back to 40 series FMs. Would buying an X or an H pipe change up my sound that much? Would it make up for the price of it? Which one, too? Thanks again!!
[/quote]

exotic.....means not raspy..more of s smooth tone thats goes from quiet to load

flows with an offroad x has A LOT of rasp

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
97blackgt said:
flows sound good with cats...but without cats flowmasters sound like straight pipes

just my opnion..
I dont think my flows sound much like straight pipes :dunno:

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
5.0 Bassani Dumped. Off-Road X pipe.

shit sounds banana's :banana: I mean everytime he started up his car i would run to the window and crack it. Thing rattled my windows and his car was far down the parking lot. Damn it thats one thing i miss about my old house :'( that damn 5.0 Fox drag racing car.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I have some custom made tips for mine coming before each rear wheel, so dumps are out. I like seeing the tips anyhow.

If I do go back to FM, I should buy 2 right? I think that would sound meaner that one with dual outlets, I think. Thanks!!

Would I want an X or an H pipe, too?

hottwheels04

Reaction score
I had ford shorty headers with a off road h and slp catback, and with my cam it sounded like a 500hp 10 sec car hahah!

it wwas nasty sounding and so loud, out of all the mustangs around I had 1 of the loudest O0. but then i had to pass emissions and now i have a bassani x pipe with cats, its so quiet now i want to cry lol but it keeps away the attention from the cops now and its loud as f**k when i get on it :banana: 1 other thing now is i dont have to turn my stereo to 24 volume to hear it now hahaha now i can hear my radio and i dont get headaches or can hear when i go under a bridge hahah

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
95gtjeff said:
I had ford shorty headers with a off road h and slp catback, and with my cam it sounded like a 500hp 10 sec car hahah!

it wwas nasty sounding and so loud, out of all the mustangs around I had 1 of the loudest O0. but then i had to pass emissions and now i have a bassani x pipe with cats, its so quiet now i want to cry lol but it keeps away the attention from the cops now and its loud as f**k when i get on it :banana: 1 other thing now is i dont have to turn my stereo to 24 volume to hear it now hahaha now i can hear my radio and i dont get headaches or can hear when i go under a bridge hahah

That is what I am talking about!! My exhaust guy is my inspection guy, luckily. I just have never really heard of SLP before! I already lost the hearing in my left ear from my ATV accident. I would love to loose it in the other ear because of my car!!! Thanks a lot!

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
And, would that cam work for mine? I want a cam for my car just for the sound!! I have never raced my car and never plan to. It is strictly a daily driver. Thanks a bunch!!!

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
1STOF3 said:
95gtjeff said:

That is what I am talking about!! My exhaust guy is my inspection guy, luckily. I just have never really heard of SLP before! I already lost the hearing in my left ear from my ATV accident. I would love to loose it in the other ear because of my car!!! Thanks a lot!

Yeah man. SLP is nuts, here is a short vid of the Loud Mouth 1s on the stock midpipe (6 catyltic converters :eek:utofcloset:) while barely giving it any gas and it is still loud. Not deafening loud, but loud.

Gtnut1996

Reaction score
i have a bbk offroad h pipe with a flowmaster cat back. everywhere i go someone is always asking me what kind of exhaust i have. people that dont care anything for exhaust are always telling me that my car sounds good. we have a ton of mustangs here and everyone here will tell you that my car sounds the best. i promise you that you will not regret it.
I got 2 friends that put imco on there cars. they sound like crap. one has some type of x pipe, and the other just has his converters removed.
Slp sounds like a camaro. They didnt even make anything for a Mustang until the Camaro was discontinued. They dont have my vote.
:drunk:

97blackgt

Reaction score
Fets said:
Mine dont either :dunno:

hmmm....when u take out 6 cats...replace it with an O/R x..(which is striahgt pipes)...and run it through chambered flows...how does that not sound like straight pipes? :dunno:

theres nothing to change the tone or muffle the sound

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
right now i have a bassani cb, catted bbk h pipe and flowtech shorty headers. It sounds good. I am thinking of getting an o/r prochamber or h pipe and also get some nice ceramic coated headers in the future

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
97blackgt said:
Fets said:
Mine dont either :dunno:

hmmm....when u take out 6 cats...replace it with an O/R x..(which is striahgt pipes)...and run it through chambered flows...how does that not sound like straight pipes? :dunno:

theres nothing to change the tone or muffle the sound

an O/R x is definately raspier with original flows, but those mufflers kind of hold it back some. I know you work on cars for a living or are at least planning to and I'm surprised you think it sounds straight piped. :dunno: I'm sure you've heard an O/R with straight through mufflers right? Now those things sound straight piped. Maybe different people just hear different things. :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online