Best exhaust setup?

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
When I bought my car, it had just straight pipes. I added 2 40 series Flowmasters. I then had 3†tips to it. Then I went with my IMCO’s, just because. Maybe then I added my side exhaust, I think. The Flows are just easier for me to get. My exhaust guy carries them.

I am not sure of the correct terminology, but I want her to rumble!! Like Mustang's are know for. I would love a low, loud rumble.

I am thinking: Shorty headers, an O/R H pipe, and 2 40 series Flowmasters. And keep my no cats. Thanks again!!

97blackgt

Reaction score
flowmasters sound like DO-DO

but if u want a rumble..then yeah i would get flows

flowmasters are chambered but they have no material packing either...too much of a tinny sound IMO

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
1STOF3 said:
When I bought my car, it had just straight pipes. I added 2 40 series Flowmasters. I then had 3†tips to it. Then I went with my IMCO’s, just because. Maybe then I added my side exhaust, I think. The Flows are just easier for me to get. My exhaust guy carries them.

I am not sure of the correct terminology, but I want her to rumble!! Like Mustang's are know for. I would love a low, loud rumble.

I am thinking: Shorty headers, an O/R H pipe, and 2 40 series Flowmasters. And keep my no cats. Thanks again!!

As you know I'm an SLP guy and even I will say that you cannot go wrong with that setup. :boink:

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
97blackgt said:
Fets said:
Mine dont either :dunno:

hmmm....when u take out 6 cats...replace it with an O/R x..(which is striahgt pipes)...and run it through chambered flows...how does that not sound like straight pipes? :dunno:

theres nothing to change the tone or muffle the sound

Wait...I dont understand this...You say nothing can change the tone in chambered flows...isnt that what the chambers do??? :dunno:

I'll make a vid clip tomorrow :)

4point6GT

Reaction score
I want borlas, I think I have FMs currently, bought car like that. getting o/r H and kooks long headers 8)

97blackgt

Reaction score
4point6GT said:
I want borlas, I think I have FMs currently, bought car like that. getting o/r H and kooks long headers 8)

Least someone goes for the good stuff :drunk:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i wanted borlas but i think they are like 300 above most other catbacks

97blackgt

Reaction score
they are expensive but they are SS also

plus i have never heard a borla that sounds bad on ANY car

hottwheels04

Reaction score
1STOF3 said:
And, would that cam work for mine? I want a cam for my car just for the sound!! I have never raced my car and never plan to. It is strictly a daily driver. Thanks a bunch!!!

yeah man i went with a basic cam, a stage 1 comp cam, it sounds good O0

4point6GT

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
they are expensive but they are SS also

plus i have never heard a borla that sounds bad on ANY car

whats SS ? :hammer:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member