Best flowing intake manifold?

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I have the Trick Flow Track Heat. It flows well enough to support a 331 with an S-trim at about 17 pounds of boost, custom ported TFS High Ports with 2.06 intakes, and all the methanol and nitromethane I can stuff in it.

My car runs 10s

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
I have the Trick Flow Track Heat. It flows well enough to support a 331 with an S-trim at about 17 pounds of boost, custom ported TFS High Ports with 2.06 intakes, and all the methanol and nitromethane I can stuff in it.

My car runs 10s

have you made a 10 second pass yet? ???

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I have made a million of em in my head . . lol.

The only thing that kept me from a 10 second pass last time out was a mechanical failure that I couldn't fix trackside. But, my 8th mile time would have translated to about a 10.90. In other words, the car ran 11.32 broken (indicated by the 112mph trap speed) . . . lol. But, I was nearly a half second below my previous best run (11.62) at the 330 mark. It ran a 7.12 8th . . . and the hose had already popped by then.

The mechanical issue is backed up by the next time slip, which was 11.91 at 98mph . . . 26mph below my usual trap speed . . lol

The mechanical issue is permanently fixed, and the car WILL run 10s in Bakersfield next week.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
I have made a million of em in my head . . lol.

The only thing that kept me from a 10 second pass last time out was a mechanical failure that I couldn't fix trackside. But, my 8th mile time would have translated to about a 10.90. In other words, the car ran 11.32 broken (indicated by the 112mph trap speed) . . . lol. But, I was nearly a half second below my previous best run (11.62) at the 330 mark. It ran a 7.12 8th . . . and the hose had already popped by then.

The mechanical issue is backed up by the next time slip, which was 11.91 at 98mph . . . 26mph below my usual trap speed . . lol

The mechanical issue is permanently fixed, and the car WILL run 10s in Bakersfield next week.

Yea I remember you having that failure and getting that 11.32, I just didnt know if I had missed something about you getting your big 10 second pass :-\............had me wondering there for a minute :D

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Yea I remember you having that failure and getting that 11.32, I just didnt know if I had missed something about you getting your big 10 second pass :-\............had me wondering there for a minute :D

Oh . . believe me . . . when the car goes into the tens next week you won't miss it . . . lol. I'll get my hands on a computer any way I can and post up the times!! ;)

The other thing is that its going to be about 30 degrees cooler over there than it was when I made that pass. :dancing6: I wouldn't be surprised to see some 10.80s.

The precise calculation of what the car would have run without the hose blowing off is a 10.914

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
You defiantly have one mean ass street machine.....................for now anyway :-\ unless you take it off the street :(

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
You defiantly have one mean ass street machine.....................for now anyway :-\ unless you take it off the street :(

Yeah . . . I'm really on the fence about it. A lot has to do with how Monday goes. If it goes well, I'll do an 07 that pushes 800 plus hp.

OP
OP
S

Sklander

Reaction score
I have a question. I have been communicating with Ed from FTI via email. I am going to buy a set of AFR 165's from him, but he is giving me all these options that I frankly don't understand. I am going to post the email in here.

CYLINDER HEAD CHOICES:
AFR 165 Standard Heads: $1350 - (in stock)
Stud mounted with emissions
PS3 Dual Valve Spring Upgrade: $200 *
7/16 SPS Rocker Studs: $25
Titanium Spring Retainers: $220

PS3 Valve Spring Upgrade Includes:
Super-Alloy Dual Valve Springs
.635†Lift Capable
Viton Valve Seals
Hardened Shims
Chromemoly Retainers
Machined Valve Locks

FASTENERS:
ARP Ford 7/16 Head Bolts: $45
ARP Crankshaft Bolt: $25
ARP Camshaft Bolt: $5

VALVETRAIN:
Custom Hydraulic Roller Camshaft: $325
Eaton Hydraulic Roller Lifters: $140
Rollmaster Billet Timing Set Nitrided w-Roller Bearing: $195
Modified Cam Retainer w-hardware for above: $60
Hardened One Piece Push Rods: $140

ROCKER ARMS:
Comp Cams Steel Pro Magnum Rockers: $279

GASKETS:
ROL Graphite Head Gaskets: $50 pr.
ROL HP Valve Cover Gaskets: $18
ROL HP Timing Cover Set Gasket: $15
ROL HP Oil Pan Gasket Set: $18
FelPro HP Street Port Intake Gaskets: $20

I am assuming I have options on each different part list he is giving me, but I don't know which to choose from. This car isn't going to be taken to the drag strip. It is most likely going to be a weekend toy. What I want to know, basically, is what I DO NOT NEED because I am not looking for a 9 second car. I am looking for a car that is reliable and has lots of power.

Could someone help me out here?

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
and all the methanol and nitromethane I can stuff in it.

My car runs 10s

LOL, sounds like my vert......:thumb: Nice times man.
Think what we'd do if our cars were hard tops. :D

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
94turbo5 0 have you brought your car to the dyno with the intercooler setup??? you think your in the tens also???

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Snakebit said:

Yeah . . . I'm really on the fence about it. A lot has to do with how Monday goes. If it goes well, I'll do an 07 that pushes 800 plus hp.

you must be planning on spending some BIG money to get a 3 vavle in the 800hp range ::)

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
94turbo5 0 have you brought your car to the dyno with the intercooler setup??? you think your in the tens also???
No dyno time with the turbo set-up at all. I tune using an 04 PMS and yeah she's been into the tens once pumped up on 21#'s, lots of timing, methanol, race gas mix, good traction on screwed MT slicks with Pro stars, good weather conditions, prepped vht track, cold motor , MSD 2 step , better driving, tons of tuning and 75 shot. Last November @ MIR 10.90 @ 133 with a 1.6 60ft. Last time I went to the track was in April and I ran 11.18 @ 128. :thumb:

Last year (June) @ FFW in Richmond was the first time I tracked it after installing the turbo 12.01 @ 117 on 12#'s w/ Hoosier quik time pros with drag lites spinning, no meth or nitrous, 3:73's, *98 weather and backing off a bit. The car was still hot from the TS cruise and I had 1/2 tank of crappy 93 octane. My car has no cage or roll bar and I was running in True Street class. I wanted to get all my runs in and that was my first run but I ran low 12's in both the other runs. Those 3 runs were posted in the MM&FF mag in the times section of the FFW event.
I was running with a T-66 .69 a/r and no 2 step then. I went to the T-70 and 3:08's afterwards.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
man your my hero really no joke and thats on a stock shortblock with a heck of alot of miles........ with the meth kit you could alot more timing right ??? oo and by the way i meant to say turbo set up lol i been thinkin of putting an intercoolers setup with my blower and its driving me nuts lol

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
You can have a ProCharger 3 core put on with some custom piping but you're looking @ around ~$1500. I was going to go that route but the meth kit was only $299 and yes I was able to go from *10 (tuned but with no chip or programs) where I was blowing hgs, to as high as *32 @ the track on methanol "boost juice" from Snow and race gas.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
wow that is a big jump in timing you convinced me its on my list of things to get.... i have a welder and im dam good with it so ill do the custom pipe work myself i just need the materials

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
Every car is different but I can tell you at least will get + *21-25 @ WOT on methanol.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
great... i remember when this stuff first came out i had a talon tsi ton of work and money invested in it and everyone was afraid to try it out not knowing what would happen.... look at it now its probably the best product for the money on the market

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
oo another thing would is mr.freeze or snow performance?

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
You'll get biased opinions from a lot of folks on it but I've been using the Snow kit with the variable rate boost controller and trunk mounted 7qt resivoir.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
you must be planning on spending some BIG money to get a 3 vavle in the 800hp range ::)

Well . . . I'll be starting with a Sean Hyland racing shortblock. :angel:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.