best fluid for a T45?

powerfreak

Reaction score
Drained out my fluid in my T-45...what's the best fluid to put back in?

My trans had a bit of a input-shaft bearing whine to it (seems to go away after the tranny heats up)...the fluid was a little low so maybe that was the cause. Will the use of a synthetic fluid also help quiet things down?

gt96stang

Reaction score
I used RP synchromax or however it's spelled..

OP
OP
P

powerfreak

Reaction score
isn't the t45 supposed to have ATF? Looks like the syncromax is considered manual fluid.

ALSO...how the hell do I put the fluid in? Seems impossible to pour in where the fill plug is....can I pull the shifter out and pour the fluid in there?

G

GREG@SN95

In the automatic Mustang, there is a place to put automatic transmission fluid right in the engine compartment. For the 5 speed or manual transmission, you'll have to put the transmission oil in through a small hole on the transmission itself. (When under your stang), You will see 2 screws, a "drain" and a "fill" hole on the side of the transmission case itself, each hole is clearly marked. By unscrewing these set screws you can drain and fill your manual transmission fluid using a tube and an oil squeeze bottle. It's quite easy. You'll need to be on a level surface when doing this. It does not need to be changed very often, check your owners manual for service schedules.

OP
OP
P

powerfreak

Reaction score
yup...did that. So much easier than trying to will the fluid up into the "fill" hole. With an air ratchet it took not even 10 minutes...remove shifter, fill tranny, install shifter.

I went with RP syncromax after reading lots of posts on several sites.

Should have it all back together for the weekend. Gotta put on the new O/R-H pipe and I have a XCAL2 coming in the mail tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be a nice, fun weekend. :banana: :dancing6: :bunny3:

Hybridbird

Reaction score
powerfreak said:
Hopefully it'll be a nice, fun weekend. :banana: :dancing6: :bunny3:

You DO know you're working on a Ford right???? :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :banana:

OP
OP
P

powerfreak

Reaction score
Hybridbird said:
powerfreak said:

You DO know you're working on a Ford right???? :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :banana:

YEAH...don't remind me...I'm really a chevy guy. >:D (shhh....don't tell anyone).

S

scarface

powerfreak said:
Hybridbird said:
powerfreak said:

YEAH...don't remind me...I'm really a chevy guy. >:D (shhh....don't tell anyone).
:lame: :gtfo: :slap:

:hammer: :eek:uttahere:

OP
OP
P

powerfreak

Reaction score
scarface said:
powerfreak said:
Hybridbird said:
powerfreak said:

:lame: :gtfo: :slap:

:hammer: :eek:uttahere:

sorry, no body is perfect...don't hold it against me...at least I'm not a ricer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online