Best looking drag wheel for sn95s

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
haven't put anything on yet but in the process of collecting the normal such as cams, headers, intake/throttle body, and possibly intake. I've been debating on what to do, I'd like to 4v swap it but I also want to build a mean 2v because nobody really believes in them lol.
If you're doing a 2v are you planning on a PI swap or keeping the npi set up and seeing where you can go with that?

OP
OP
B

bad98gt

Reaction score
If you're doing a 2v are you planning on a PI swap or keeping the npi set up and seeing where you can go with that?
My intentions are to keep the npi setup and see what that does, and if I blows I'll either 4v swap it or find a wrecked PI 2v and put in it. My motor has 150k+ miles and its my DD but I'm curious to see what the little npi 2v does, really been considering a vortech supercharger but not sure what to go with...any suggestions?

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
My intentions are to keep the npi setup and see what that does, and if I blows I'll either 4v swap it or find a wrecked PI 2v and put in it. My motor has 150k+ miles and its my DD but I'm curious to see what the little npi 2v does, really been considering a vortech supercharger but not sure what to go with...any suggestions?
Well considering the amount of miles on your long block boost could honestly spell disaster with your engine. My npi set up spun a rod bearing back in 2009 with roughly 130-140k with only a pi manifold exhaust and a CAI but I beat the living hell out of the stock engine. Haha I would find a donor block and start building that (which was what I did) and have it sitting aside and if your motor desides to go then you have a back up and you don't have a lot of down time on it since it is your DD. I got a lot of parts off corral.net when I was building my engine. Seems like a really good forum to get good unused modular performance parts at a good price. And as far as your build goes I couldn't honestly tell you a route to go with it because when it all boils down to is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

punched281

Reaction score
I built my 2v cause everyone hates on them haha. Plus you're looking at a bunch of money if you are going to build a 4v up...

OP
OP
B

bad98gt

Reaction score
Well considering the amount of miles on your long block boost could honestly spell disaster with your engine. My npi set up spun a rod bearing back in 2009 with roughly 130-140k with only a pi manifold exhaust and a CAI but I beat the living hell out of the stock engine. Haha I would find a donor block and start building that (which was what I did) and have it sitting aside and if your motor desides to go then you have a back up and you don't have a lot of down time on it since it is your DD. I got a lot of parts off corral.net when I was building my engine. Seems like a really good forum to get good unused modular performance parts at a good price. And as far as your build goes I couldn't honestly tell you a route to go with it because when it all boils down to is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Haha I agree, i give mine a good hard running every once in a while too and I'll check that out! This site here is alot of help too and a good group of people from what I've seen. And this is the first modular mustang I've had so I'm still learning lol, what exactly is the CAI?

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
Haha I agree, i give mine a good hard running every once in a while too and I'll check that out! This site here is alot of help too and a good group of people from what I've seen. And this is the first modular mustang I've had so I'm still learning lol, what exactly is the CAI?
Cold air intake

Carnage281

Reaction score
CCW drag pack wheels look the best to me.

DSC_1024_edited-1.jpg

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have never liked racestars. I had a set, the finish on them was pretty terrible IMO. But the darkstars are kinda cool looking. But once again, everyone and their mother has them.

Here's my Champion Cap 5's. I have $1500 in the entire setup, wheels and tires. So not bad at all.

This halfway makes me want a drag setup... but I like doing too many hooligan things that ends up with ruined 165s, as I found out multiple times with my 89 notch I had.

OP
OP
B

bad98gt

Reaction score
This thread is not helping me quell my desire for a drag setup for my car
Haha I traded my welds for the factory 03 cobra wheels I have because I wanted to try the wide set up but I'm going back to the drag set up on mine......especially after seeing these guys cars!

OP
OP
B

bad98gt

Reaction score
Oh and I'll be taking mine down the strip for the very first, bone stock 2v with 150k+ miles....so I'll post the slow time and tell me what you guys think. also how do I upload pics? I can't seem to figure it out!

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I love running drag wheels. Everyone thinks your car is so fast with them. Little do they know my car will barely outrun its own shadow.

Milehigh JDF

Reaction score
Haha I traded my welds for the factory 03 cobra wheels I have because I wanted to try the wide set up but I'm going back to the drag set up on mine......especially after seeing these guys cars!
Haha nice! I just love that raked look with the big and littles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online