Best low-profile jack?

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
For all you lowered guys, what do you recommend? I don't own a jack and the one I'm borrowing will barely even fit under the rear of my car, so this is gonna be an investment for me soon. My buddy has a blue point he got from Snap-On that works pretty well and is super lightweight but I don't wanna spend the snap-on price for one like that unless I have to.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well since your asking for the best and not the cheapest I can give my opinion. Ridetech makes a great one that I picked up! I hit #3 on my car to air it up, then stick the jackstands under it and let all the air out and BAM I am done. At that point any jack will fit, even the stocker.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
well since your asking for the best and not the cheapest I can give my opinion. Ridetech makes a great one that I picked up! I hit #3 on my car to air it up, then stick the jackstands under it and let all the air out and BAM I am done. At that point any jack will fit, even the stocker.
Lol I was waiting on your or Tony to say something like that. Must be nice though.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'd say don't get a harbor freight one, spend a little more to get something reputable. my trick is I just drive it up on a couple of 2x4s if i know I'm going to jack it up, that little extra space makes a big difference.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I'd say don't get a harbor freight one, spend a little more to get something reputable. my trick is I just drive it up on a couple of 2x4s if i know I'm going to jack it up, that little extra space makes a big difference.
After posting this I saw whippy's thread down below and saw how many of you suggested just using 2x4's so for now that's probably what I'm gonna wind up doing lol.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My $59 Harbor Freight jack has help up for 4 years now much longer than the Craftsmen that it replaced that was 3X the price.

chris91

Reaction score
Im with him^… Im on my second Harbor Freight jack. First was there aluminum low profile 2.5 ton. Worked great for about 6-7 years and then didnt like to jack anything higher than 3/4th of the way up. Replaced it with their low profile steel 3 ton and love it. Has no problems lifting my 02 Explorer or my Mustang. Cant beat em for the price.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've never had any problems with mine from Harbor Freight either.

I actually just used it 2 days ago to lift my buddy's Nissan Titan. So from lifted trucks to slammed cars it covers the whole spectrum.

joekd

Reaction score
I had my first harbor freight for years, it started sticking when letting it down. Instead of rebuilding it I just bought anew one and gave it away to anther member here

Still lifts cars perfectly and can't beat them for the price

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I hear about all those HB tools that everyone seems to never have problems with. Are they delivered by a unicorn? Hell I have even had problems with their hammers so there is no way in hell I am going to have my car suspended above me for even a second by them while I slide a jackstand in place.

kb1982

Reaction score
My cousin has the low profile harbor freight 3 ton in his garage and ive not had a problem with it. Some things from them are garbage, but some aren't. Its a crap shoot.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Harbor freight 2.5 ton here. Works great but is getting squeaky after less than a year of ownership. Lifts great thought. I still have to ride up 2 stepped 2x4s thought to fit the jack under the sub frame connectors.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
ysatuvep.jpg

Harbor freight lambo exclusive!

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I checked em out online today. I think that's definitely gonna be my next tool purchase now. Theirs was $92 for a steel 3 ton.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sign up on HF website for the coupons, it's a must if you are going to buy something.

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I use the harbor freight one. Its a total piece of shit but I still use it. Broke on my yesterday but who cares, its harbor freight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online