Best Midpipe that goes w/ A Mac Catback?

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Just as the title says i just want to know what kind of midpipe do you perfer that goes with a Mac Catback. We all know that Mac Catbacks have that very deep sound but i want what would make it even better! Thanks for opinion guys.... :dancing6: :thumb:

-Nate

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
anything would sound good compared to the stock hpipe lol. Even a xpipe would out break the ford hpipe. I say get a mac prochamber or o/r h mac pipe.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had a pro-chamber on my 95 and it made it sound as quiet as stock :-[, I could never understand it, even more so now with all the people that run them and love them. I had long-tubes and dynomax ultra flows on it too.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Well, I will soon be getting a prochamber in the mail to put on my Mac cat back and headers, I'll let you know how much louder or quieter than stock it is.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you remove the cats, it WILL be louder!

I ran a prochamber with my Roush side exit mufflers, it was lllloud.
sometimes too loud.

Let us know how it turns out!

M1ke

Reaction score
i am in your situation too. i have heard clips of the catback and prochamber on mustangexhaust.com but the prochamber doesnt have the racy exotic sound and doesnt seem loud enough either. im probably getting a o/r vrs x pipe. ive heard clips and the vrs isnt like most x pipes, it has the racy sound but not like a slp setup and helps out the deep tone of the catback.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I Have a Mac Catback and I love the sound of it. Im going with a Mac H pipe. I Just hope it isnt too loud.

97gtconv.

Reaction score
my buddy and i put my MAC flowpath catback 3.5" tips on his 98 cobra( 4.30's, mac off-road pipe) and it's deep and loud...but it sounds mean. it can pretty quiet going around but once he nails it sounds mean!

jpajkos

Reaction score
My buddies v6 has the Mac cat back and it sounds really good. Im very impressed with the way it sounded. He drives by you would never know it sounded like a v6 thats for sure. My next set up is going to be the Borla Stingers cat back with a magnaflow x pipe. Love the sound.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Well i got my Mac Hpipe installed. Its plenty loud, from around 2100 its a beast. To me the tone sounds off, the only time ive heard it is when driving. I want to hear what it sounds like going down the road without me in it....I may switch to one of the flowmaster catbacks, right now im undecided.

97gtconv.

Reaction score
i'm putting on mac pro dumps on mine. i'm starting to like it better without the tips. just looks cleaner without them.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
97gtconv. said:
i'm putting on mac pro dumps on mine. i'm starting to like it better without the tips. just looks cleaner without them.

I agree, :-\ i have the 3in tips and they dont flow with anything. The just hang underneath.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Guys I really like the sound of the SLP Loudmouth catback with an x pipe. It growls really nice.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Guys I really like the sound of the SLP Loudmouth catback with an x pipe. It growls really nice.

I want the SLP and have for some time now, but the more I read on it the more negative opinions I am getting ???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online