Best modifications for $2500.00?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
My engine is a completley stock internal 5.0 of 1995. The only thing that is fixing to change in the fuel injectors, (i want more power) When i bought the car it was at 8psi and ran great with the stock injectors and internals. I also have a CAI, Short throw, Exhuast, and 3.73 gears. If you just want a fun and easy to put on blower get the KB. Everytime i go WOT the rear tires break loose. i love it. its like having a big block undder the hood. Its rather exspensive. $3K but in my opinion its worth it for the power, and the whistle when i drive.

jimgt95

Reaction score
I also vote for KB. It is very streetable and there is very little waiting for full boost. I also have a lot of mods done, but, you can do those easy down the road. The KB blower comes off the engine prettly quickly and you don't have to buy a whole other upper intake (or lower if you want to stick with the stocker).

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
damn jim 376? :rockyou: im only 10ft of TQ away from you tho..but that HP number is impressive... :thumb:

jimgt95

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
damn jim 376? :rockyou: im only 10ft of TQ away from you tho..but that HP number is impressive... :thumb:

I'm only running 7.5lbs of boost. Those are my real dyno numbers at the wheels. Not guesswork. :comando:

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
right and my best tq number was 375 my best hp was 297 and that was after my tune at 9psi

jimgt95

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
right and my best tq number was 375 my best hp was 297 and that was after my tune at 9psi

That's really good torque output. Those numbers tell me you are breathing through stock heads, intake, and exhaust. Just wait until you upgrade those!

My s/c pulley is actually a 16# pulley for use with my underdrives. If i went to the stock crank pulley, I would blow my block apart in no time. Once I get some miles on my engine (I only have 35K on the car), I will buy a built shortblock and then turn up the boost. Then I will really make use of the higher flow parts that I have.

Spyder

Reaction score
SO what does a kb kit for a 95 cobra cost?

just curious for comparison reasons

jimgt95

Reaction score
Spyder said:
SO what does a kb kit for a 95 cobra cost?

just curious for comparison reasons

That's exactly what I got last summer. The 2.2L Blowzilla cost $3400 from KB. As far as I know. The only difference between the Cobra and the GT kit is the output manifold on the blower. I went with the Cobra manifold because I have a GT 40 lower.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online