Best modifications for $2500.00?

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently buy a very clean 1994 GT Mustang 8), it's an automatic, the car is all original and full equipped, the millage is only 30,000.

I want to have more power, and my budget is around $2500.00-$3000.00, I prepare this list :

Replace the gear 3.27 to 3.73
Sub-frame connector
headers, h-pipe, exhaust
Under the hood, K&N, mac cold air, throttle body, Edelbrock Intake

Is it a good combo for my budget?

Thank's

Francis

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
You don't need subframe connectors yet.

I would consider H/C/I or a supercharger . . .

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ya, best bang is a blower. check around, maybe used.

then the gear would feel really good, especially with that aod.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
You don't need subframe connectors yet.

I would consider H/C/I or a supercharger . . .

damn right, get the blower FIRST, all the other small bolt-ons can come as time goes by.

OP
OP
E

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

Thank's all for your advice, for the blower, you sure that I can install one on a stock engine? a 6 psi maybe ?

Some of my Friend suggest to avoid Powerdyne, the best will be a Vortech but what model will be good ?

Francis

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
powerdyne is on the low end of the scale as far as gains go. but still way better than NA.
Vortec is good, KB better, but maybe out of your price range.

I'd check Ebay, they have some good kits, good pricing.

6-9 psi, just boost it to the level you want.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i have a 5.0 stock internal motor at 11psi with a kenne bell they cost $3300 brand new

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
i have a 5.0 stock internal motor at 11psi with a kenne bell they cost $3300 brand new

thats without a cooler right ??? I want one for my Cobra but I cant swing 6 grand right now :-\

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
thats without a cooler right ??? I want one for my Cobra but I cant swing 6 grand right now :-\

I hear ya on that one man!

yellowgt

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
powerdyne is on the low end of the scale as far as gains go. but still way better than NA.

I have actually heard the complete opposite with regards to the KB blower being better than the Vortec.

I was speaking with a very well know mustang shop and the owner told me that I would be better off getting a Vortec over a KB due to being able to puch out bigger numbers with Vortec.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yellowgt said:
Dalamar said:

I have actually heard the complete opposite with regards to the KB blower being better than the Vortec.

I was speaking with a very well know mustang shop and the owner told me that I would be better off getting a Vortec over a KB due to being able to puch out bigger numbers with Vortec.

That's probably true peak power wise.

I should clarify, for street use, I feel that full boost over the whole rpm range is better.
that's subject to opinions, preferances, and whatever else you wanna throw at it.

the whole centrifical vs. posative has been rode hard. I'd personally pick a procharger over a vortec, but like I said,
any blower is a big jump. and the more power you want, the more money you gotta dish out.

yellowgt

Reaction score
I have heard that as well about the KB blowers in that they give you full boost right away, I heard the Vortec takes a little longer to reach full boost.

It is the overall numbers that I heard Vortec is better.

To be honest I wouldn't mind having either one..LOL

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
vortec takes longer for full boost. you will see it right around 5200 rpms. yes they are better in that you can intercool them etc. Mine is non cooled and full boost at 2K rpms

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
the KB would be a great choice, wish I could afford one ...................... :help2:

OP
OP
E

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

I go on the Kenne Bell site, did you know if this type of supercharge will fit in a SN95 Mustang without changing the Hood?

I really dint like aftermarket hood, I prefer keep the exterior stock.

Francis

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Yes it will i have a 1.5L twin screw that i had under the stock hood of my mustang, you have to cut a notch towards the back however, and the guy that owned it before me tried to make it functional by cutting two holws in the front. If you dont want to cut your hood, i have a Deep forest green stock hood i can sell you for $150 mint condition with a few rock ships. nothing major.
S3500030.jpg

TwinPeaks.jpg

theres a good pic of it, the notch towards the back, and the 2 nostrils. let me know man

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
vortec takes longer for full boost. you will see it right around 5200 rpms. yes they are better in that you can intercool them etc. Mine is non cooled and full boost at 2K rpms

I get into the boost a LONG way before 5200rpm . . try about 3000. Of course . . . mine ain't exactly runnin stock pulleys . . ;)

OP
OP
E

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

Thank's all for your advices :thumb:

For 95KBGT, you car look great, I always prefers Mustang whit original exterior appearance. Can you tell me more about the KB ? are you satisfied ? also your engine is stock ?

Francis

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online