Best set up for magnapacks

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I just got the packs installed on my 94 this week and i was wondering what combo's sound better with the packs?

I live in CA so LT's are out of the question. I was thinking of BBK shorty's & O/R x pipe. I want the car to be pretty loud. I dont think they sound loud now. At least it doesnt seem like it inside. I want to keep that aggressive deep tone.

will an O/R H pipe sound better? any suggestions or videos??

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;bKGIBtdUM80]http://youtu.be/bKGIBtdUM80[/video]
This is my setup and I love it!! Ford Racing shorty's, O/R H-pipe, dual magnapacks and 4" magnafllow tips welded straight to the case of the mufflers and it stops just in front of the axle. It's a lot louder than running them all the way out the back.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
It sounds really good man! i wonder how much more quieter mine will be since i have them coming out the back

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Since your in Comifornia the O/R X will be illegel too. Unless you willing to change out the midpipe twice a year for testing.

joekd

Reaction score
I ran mine with a catted X, loved the sound. Of course I also had a 4.6, not a 5.0

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Since your in Comifornia the O/R X will be illegel too. Unless you willing to change out the midpipe twice a year for testing.

well its once every 2 years so i can deal with changing it out :p

RichV

Reaction score
well its once every 2 years so i can deal with changing it out :p

CO is the same on the testing intervals. An a lot of guys deal with swapping mipipes here too.

However, if you get pulled over and the officer checks, i imagine the fines are a lot more stiff in CA. Your car is not just required to pass at the time of testing.

That said, why are LT headers and a nice catted H not legal? As long as it has a CARB # on it right? The exhausts of 500+ HP Shelbys pass smog

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
CO is the same on the testing intervals. An a lot of guys deal with swapping mipipes here too.

However, if you get pulled over and the officer checks, i imagine the fines are a lot more stiff in CA. Your car is not just required to pass at the time of testing.

That said, why are LT headers and a nice catted H not legal? As long as it has a CARB # on it right? The exhausts of 500+ HP Shelbys pass smog

the cops here dont really mess with "muscle cars" unless either you are obnoxiously loud, "hot rodding" it, racing etc etc etc. And the only cops here in the state that are trained to look are the CHP and they are only Highway (obviously). and if you consent to a mobile smog check. and yes the fines are very hefty. But i only heard of 1 person who owns an american car (newer GTO) get pulled over for that, and they got away with a fix it ticket. They usually go for the imports, and even then i rarely hear of them getting fined for being catless.

and LT's are always illegal because 1) they light up your dash if you have OBD2, 2) Lt's only allow for 1 set of cats not 2 as came factory 3) they do not have a carb sticker. and the exhaust of a 500+ shelby passes smog because they might have the factory set up, CARB legal parts, or they have a guy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online