Best shocks to run?

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
I just bought 2.5" lowering spring for my 95 I wanted to know what would be the best shocks to use. Anyone gone this low without coilovers?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
kind of a loaded question. what is the main use of the car? road/track? Track are we talking straight line or twisties? And of course the most important question is $$$$$?

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
kind of a loaded question. what is the main use of the car? road/track? Track are we talking straight line or twisties? And of course the most important question is $$$$$?

Its in no way going to be a straight line car. It will eventually be my daily car when its all done. as long as they are not $1000 shocks i really dont mind price wise. I've just never done much with suspension so im starting with suspension on this build.

RichV

Reaction score
Bilstein are hands down the best shocks IMO. Mine's a race car so it's like 4" lower than [MENTION=15502]Ferocious[/MENTION]

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Bilstein is always the go to, I've had great luck with my Tokico Illuminas and people seem to like Koni too. I wouldn't bother with fox struts, never had any problem being really low with mine. Strange might be okay if they didn't rattle around inside the camber plates.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Bilstein is always the go to, I've had great luck with my Tokico Illuminas and people seem to like Koni too. I wouldn't bother with fox struts, never had any problem being really low with mine. Strange might be okay if they didn't rattle around inside the camber plates.

How low are you in the picture in your signature?

Kboss87

Reaction score
i love my bilsteins.

I have 1.5in lowering springs and cut about half a coil off. I also do not run isolaters so I should be close to a 2.5in drop. The bilsteins ride excellent.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious what springs you bought that are a 2.5" drop. My eibach sport lines are a 2" drop and I thought that was the most with out using coilovers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
its all about the spring rate dont forget about that. MM has a list of dampers and spring rate match. but bilsteins hands down. or MM custom valved bilsteins. I have koni orange which imo is the best budget shocks.

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
I'm curious what springs you bought that are a 2.5" drop. My eibach sport lines are a 2" drop and I thought that was the most with out using coilovers

My springs are a generic Lotek brand that i got on ebay. The reviews were good so i figured id try them out.

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
its all about the spring rate dont forget about that. MM has a list of dampers and spring rate match. but bilsteins hands down. or MM custom valved bilsteins. I have koni orange which imo is the best budget shocks.

I was looking at some Koni shocks. They were alot cheaper than the bilstiens I just didnt know of anyone using them.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I was looking at some Koni shocks. They were alot cheaper than the bilstiens I just didnt know of anyone using them.

I like them honestly, good shock for the money. But i am running on stock springs. if you have the money i would definetly go with bilsteins or MM valved struts and shocks. koni's are next. all others are a no go. Ive have kyb's on my other stang with a 600lb front nonadjustable coilover, and it absolutely blows. monroes are no different. So lesson learned, koni's or bilsteins.

chris91

Reaction score
Pick up a set of Bilstein struts off the front of a 03-04 Cobra. You can find them slightly used for $100-150 all day. Then go on eBay and search for Bilstein Saleen Shocks, there's a guy selling them for cheap. You be in at like $300 for a set of Bilsteins. Cant beat that.

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Pick up a set of Bilstein struts off the front of a 03-04 Cobra. You can find them slightly used for $100-150 all day. Then go on eBay and search for Bilstein Saleen Shocks, there's a guy selling them for cheap. You be in at like $300 for a set of Bilsteins. Cant beat that.

Ok this is awesome because I didn't want to spend more than 500 on shocks but the new front Bilsteins are like 225 each!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone one wants them, I have a set if the yellow bilstein for the rear. They're in good condition and still have great pressure.

I'll try and get pics later this weekend or Monday. I'm out of town right now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online