Best strip suspension mod

96mod289

Reaction score
What should i mod to get the best bang for my buck in suspension for the 1/4. i have dr's (going to buy new MT's soon) my best 60' is 2.122

ALITL8

Reaction score
do you have LCA's or subframe connectors? i pull a pretty consistant 2.0 60' on DR's and thats with stock suspension, spinning a little. im hoping for 1.8's or better after the LCA's and subs go in :dunno:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
96mod289 said:
What should i mod to get the best bang for my buck in suspension for the 1/4. i have dr's (going to buy new MT's soon) my best 60' is 2.122

LEARN HOW TO DRIVE, im not being a smart ass but thats the BEST mod to start with. You say your running on drag radials NOW and your only pulling a best of 2.122 on your 60ft time??? Thats terrible :-[ :-[ :-[ you can get those times on regular street tires.

What kind of dr's are you using?? What air pressure do you run in them?? Are you heating them up properly?? How hard ( rpm ) are you coming off at??? My best on BFG DR's was in the 1.80 range in my 91GT, I cant quote the exact time but this was with a ENTIRE STOCK REAR suspenison with only the tires being the aftermarket part. This was with around 2200 clutch drop launch, and 14psi in the drag radials. You need to max your et with better driving to start with before you go and spend money on parts and STILL are not getting the best off the line that you can get from your own driving and launch set up ( tire pressure/ heat tires )

stang94X

Reaction score
you have an automatic, so you cant launch at the proper rpm's, what you need right now is a torque converter thats around 2500 stall, not suspension, well besides lower control arms (lakewood all the way, i am bias) cause they are always good to have, you have drag radials so try lowering your psi to somewhere between 20 - 25, but if you decide to go and get suspension even though you dont really need it, i would say steedas drag springs and strange adj struts/shocks, but a torque converter is what you really need

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
stang94X said:
you have an automatic, so you cant launch at the proper rpm's, what you need right now is a torque converter thats around 2500 stall, not suspension, well besides lower control arms (lakewood all the way, i am bias) cause they are always good to have, you have drag radials so try lowering your psi to somewhere between 20 - 25, but if you decide to go and get suspension even though you dont really need it, i would say steedas drag springs and strange adj struts/shocks, but a torque converter is what you really need

yep the converter will get the rpm launch that he needs, i overlooked the fact that he has a automatic. The stall will get those 60's down, but he still has to learn how to launch off the line. I know im working on it now in My L, even with the automatic you still have to learn the car and how much throttle to put in it off the line to get max hook.

mean green

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
stang94X said:

yep the converter will get the rpm launch that he needs, i overlooked the fact that he has a automatic. The stall will get those 60's down, but he still has to learn how to launch off the line. I know im working on it now in My L, even with the automatic you still have to learn the car and how much throttle to put in it off the line to get max hook.
i m with ^^^^^her

OP
OP

96mod289

Reaction score
well i should have dropped the pressure down more in the tires. I was running at 20-25 psi. i was doing a preaty hefty burn out, but there was a few people that were rolling through the water box and not doing a burn out to get the water off their tires geting the lanes wet! i know im i still need more seat time, but i want to get a good idea on changes that i can make. The other question is how long should i run my BFG dr's they are bald

stang94X

Reaction score
a torque converter is by far the best mod you can do for automatic, i'm actually looking for one for my car now, i have the power, the gearing, and traction, now all i need is to launch faster and harder and that is what a torque converter will do for ya, and if your tires are bald i'd say time to get new ones, a lot of people are die hard on BFG's but i've heard a lot more bad than good when it comes to wear and performance of the tire, i personally have had mickey thomps and nittos and they were great but when i got my Hoosiers, the traction on the Hoosier drag radials just blew the f'in hell out of those other tires i've had, with the hoosiers i've done runs with and w/o heating em up first, tire pressures from 20 - 30 and have always got great traction, i love em, ( damn, i should be a rep for hoosier ), so i would recommend them to everyone

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
96mod289 said:
well i should have dropped the pressure down more in the tires. I was running at 20-25 psi. i was doing a preaty hefty burn out, but there was a few people that were rolling through the water box and not doing a burn out to get the water off their tires geting the lanes wet! i know im i still need more seat time, but i want to get a good idea on changes that i can make. The other question is how long should i run my BFG dr's they are bald

if the tread is totaly gone, I would not run them on the street at all, hell you might as well go ahead and get rid of them and get a new set

Spd0lit

Reaction score
If you want to start out with suspension them get full MM subframe connectors, strange adjustables, and a good LCA like MM. But what you really need to drop those time is a new torque converter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online