better handling...

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
Alright, ive had my FRPP springs on for quite a few months now, and ive noticed alot of the body roll has gone down....but, when i take those sharp sweeping turns, the car still doesent feel confident. Right now my setup is KYB struts/shocks, and FRPP B springs front and back. I dont have caster/camber plates, and my tires are Federal Super Steel 595's in the stock 245-45-17 size. Would investing in a sway bar help? or maybe a strut tower bar? or SFC?'s or a combo of the two? I was thinking of swithcing to bilstien struts, but i dont really think they would help. So what could i do? help a brotha out! Thanks!

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
It depends on your budget. Your existing setup is a reasonably competent setup for a streetcar. My suggestions (in order) would be:

1. Wider/Better tires on all corners
2. Fresh rear stock upper control arms if yours are worn
3. Subframe Connectors

Paul.

stang94X

Reaction score
yeah really depends on how much you want to spend, front and rear sway bars will help a great deal and with the above mentioned of subframe connectors and fresh rear uppers, i would also look into getting rear lower control arms to tighten up the back and putting in a strut tower brace would also help a lot and if you really want to go all out you can get a rear shock tower brace, lower chassis brace, or even put 03 cobra front control arms on for a tighter steering, and as for struts and shocks i've heard nothing bad about bilstein but for me i would go with edelbrock struts and shocks for handling

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
What bad have you heard about Bilstein? Where did you hear it?

OP
OP

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
I was thinking about this:

Go with A MM Strut tower brace ( front and back)
MM rear upper control arms
and new MM sway bars.

I wanna go with coilovers in the future, but its just not in the budget right now. Wider wheels/tires are in the works O0

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
You need subframe connectors WAAAAAY before you need a strut tower brace.

Oh, and the MM adjustable rear swaybar is worth its weight in gold IMHO. A very nice piece that allows you to tune the under/oversteer of the car to your liking.

OP
OP

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
Yeah, im also looking at SFC's too.

I have this sweeping turn that goes off the freeway offramp and into my town that i go on everyday. I can hear the chassis twisting; i can hear my dashboard crackling and rubbing against the upper part of the door panels.

stang94X

Reaction score
Paul said:
What bad have you heard about Bilstein? Where did you hear it?
what i meant by i've heard nothing bad is that i have never heard anything bad about them, everyone that i have talked to said that they are good, but i have riden in and drove cars with suspension work and bilstein struts and shock and the same with cars that had the edelbrock handleing package and the edelbrock package just felt so much more better

OP
OP

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
I found a Maximum Motorsports rear grip package for like 600 bucks, included MM rear LCA's and a panhard bar. Would those work good with my KYB struts and FRPP springs? Should i change to Bilstein struts?

stang94X

Reaction score
if its just the lower control arms and a panhard bar for $600, i would go a different route that would help out a lot more, for $600 you can get steeda front/rear sway bars, lakewood rear LCA's and ford subframe conectors, and as for struts and shocks, KYB are just fine for the street, but if you really want to go good and have something thats great for the track also then get bilstein, strange, edelbrock, tokico, koni, they are all great and you wont have any disappointments in any of them and those ford springs you have are just fine, personally i would have gotten the 95 cobra R springs but fords B spring will work great with any suspension upgrades you do

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
So far I've got H&R SS springs, MM full length subframe connectors, new FRP upper control arms, new axle bushings, and Bilstein shocks and struts. Right now the car handles very well but I'm about to install MM rear grip package and CC plates. Then comes the coil overs. :noes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.