BEWARE. SCAMMER.

Reaction score
So I’m not sure if anyone on here does business with the Instagram page, @oem_autospareparts, but they are scammers. They seem to have a decent following so I’m posting this so you don’t potentially make the same mistake I almost did with these scumbags. Long story short I sent them a message requesting information about a set of CCW wheels they posted up for sale. Seemed a little sketchy to begin with, due to the low price, but you never know, so I figured I’d entertain it. After a little back and forth we came up with an agreed price and we were set. Or so I thought. Next day comes around and no response. I check the post and it says that the wheels have been sold. So I message them back and get the runaround about them making a mistake and selling them to someone else. Whoever the cum guzzler I’m speaking to via messages, offers me another set that they apparently had not posted yet. This raised my suspicion and I decided to do some research and found the exact wheels, photos and all, for sale on SVT Performance from 2011. All these idiots did was crop the photos. Of course I call them out on their bullshit and they block me completely. I won’t post our entire conversation but here’s when I asked them about the photos:

E789C3BC-0C23-425A-87E0-CB49C67B0FEB.png

Not even a minute later:56AF4866-D069-4010-AC75-BA31C65122AA.png
And of course no response as of yet.

So warning to anyone who is trying to purchase parts from them. Complete scammers. It’s unfortunate that the scene is full of these types of individuals but hopefully this post gets around and we can prevent anyone from getting scammed.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I looked up the page and saw the add. They have comments limited on it so I just reported it as a scam sale. Maybe if everyone does it we can make a difference.

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
and by chance this wasn't a dude in michigan named nick was it?

I’m not sure about a name. Whoever I was dealing with said they are located in Dublin, Ca. I can’t see the posts anymore so I can’t comment but I did report the account. Not sure what that’ll do but hopefully it’ll get through to IG.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it reminded me of a scam a dude tried to pull on me 15 years ago or so on another set of wheels. After he got the money he tried to ghost me but it pissed me off enough that after a bunch of different google searches I found out his name/location/home phone. It is amazing how quick they can find someone to write a check for them when you call them at home and surprise them.

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
it reminded me of a scam a dude tried to pull on me 15 years ago or so on another set of wheels. After he got the money he tried to ghost me but it pissed me off enough that after a bunch of different google searches I found out his name/location/home phone. It is amazing how quick they can find someone to write a check for them when you call them at home and surprise them.
I fucking hate scammers bro. Absolute pieces of shit. Glad you got your situation sorted out.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it actually worked out in my favor funny enough in more ways than one. He never took a pic/photocopy of the check he sent me so he could not prove that he did it unless I said he did. In my research to find him I discovered he had hit people on a couple of different car type forums and didn't feel the need to allow him to continue. He wrote me an email explaining that I needed to cancel the claim and tell them that he paid, I told him I had never received any check and didn't know what he was talking about. I figured if it was legit he would have been able to get a hold of it and show them, but he never did. 3 years later I guess he wanted to test the waters to see if paypal had forgot so he put $50 in his account, which they then sent right over to me to help settle the dispute they ruled against him on.

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
it actually worked out in my favor funny enough in more ways than one. He never took a pic/photocopy of the check he sent me so he could not prove that he did it unless I said he did. In my research to find him I discovered he had hit people on a couple of different car type forums and didn't feel the need to allow him to continue. He wrote me an email explaining that I needed to cancel the claim and tell them that he paid, I told him I had never received any check and didn't know what he was talking about. I figured if it was legit he would have been able to get a hold of it and show them, but he never did. 3 years later I guess he wanted to test the waters to see if paypal had forgot so he put $50 in his account, which they then sent right over to me to help settle the dispute they ruled against him on.
That’s fantastic. Glad PayPal is doing their part.

Lee2

Reaction score
So I’m not sure if anyone on here does business with the Instagram page, @oem_autospareparts, but they are scammers. They seem to have a decent following so I’m posting this so you don’t potentially make the same mistake I almost did with these scumbags. Long story short I sent them a message requesting information about a set of CCW wheels they posted up for sale. Seemed a little sketchy to begin with, due to the low price, but you never know, so I figured I’d entertain it. After a little back and forth we came up with an agreed price and we were set. Or so I thought. Next day comes around and no response. I check the post and it says that the wheels have been sold. So I message them back and get the runaround about them making a mistake and selling them to someone else. Whoever the cum guzzler I’m speaking to via messages, offers me another set that they apparently had not posted yet. This raised my suspicion and I decided to do some research and found the exact wheels, photos and all, for sale on SVT Performance from 2011. All these idiots did was crop the photos. Of course I call them out on their bullshit and they block me completely. I won’t post our entire conversation but here’s when I asked them about the photos:

View attachment 25632

Not even a minute later:View attachment 25633
And of course no response as of yet.

So warning to anyone who is trying to purchase parts from them. Complete scammers. It’s unfortunate that the scene is full of these types of individuals but hopefully this post gets around and we can prevent anyone from gettin
Thank you for the information
I looked up the page and there comment is limited anyway i think reporting is the best option so we can save more life

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online