big brake kit

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a question it could be dumb but im not a big brake guy I don’t know much about brakes but I have a good deal of knowledge about fabricating and just making things work. Has any one thought about putting two brake calipers claming one brake rotor I know there would be more clamping force and a greater surface area meaning much better stopping. Possibly to much line pressure for the master cylinder or brake booster maybe even the abs components but like I said im not a big brake guy so if some one that has a grater knowledge of brakes could tell me if it’s a bad idea or not that would be much appreciated

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I dont think thats a good idea, you would need a big MC/Booster/proportoning valve. But im not a big brake guy either. If your on a budget i just sugeest to find a set of 03 cobra calipers then seek out some cobra rotors.

OP
OP
B

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
The hell with putting two brake calipers on last night I had to take mine off and making the brackets and all would be a pain in the ass

Spyder

Reaction score
If you need that much braking force to even justify two calipers, why not just go with a wilwood 6pot caliper. I would say something rated for full timne track duty would be more than enough.

Spyder

Reaction score
Well, it would be very interesting to see the final product if you did it. If you do, let me be the first to request a step by step photo shoot. Any route you go, more braking feels so good its worth it

OP
OP
B

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
i would conisider doing it if i knew my mastercylinder and brake lines and all could handal all the load

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.