Big News!- 94-98 Guys - you asked - we listened.

Discussion in 'TMI Products' started by TMI Products, Nov 13, 2013.

1. TMI Products

TMI Products

A little over a year ago we released replacement upholstery and foams for the 01 Cobra, 01 Bullitt, 03-04 Cobra and 03-04 Mach 1 and all of the 99-04 guys rejoiced.
    While all of the 94-98 guys were left out since the factory Specialty foams for those models were not able to correctly fit on the 94-98 frames.

ALL OF THAT HAS CHANGED.
    [​IMG]
    We have made some changes and all Cobra, Bullitt and Mach 1 Front Bucket Foams and Upholstery will NOW FIT ON YOUR SN95 Bucket seat Frames! :headbang:
    As with any seat upgrade to those specialty seats - the only downfall will be the GT's and V6's do not have the tall sport headrest those seats originally came with - so if you're changing colors, you'll have to order headrest covers for your year separate. Also, the rear seat upholstery for the cobra/bullitt/mach's will not fit on the SN rear seat frames - only the front buckets will swap over. Small hiccup for a massive up grade in style and comfort.

2. g36 monkey

g36 monkey Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

This is great, but can you explain why the rear seats don't work (might be mad at myself for getting a set of 95 rear seats)

3. MustangChris

MustangChris Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

nice!!! budget-friendly cobra seats! :-D

4. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

Very cool. I always loved the 01 cobra seats.

5. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

Love me some Bullitt seats especially if they are in the correct black and not charcoal.

6. TMI Products

TMI Products

Because the rear seat in the 94-98's is glued directly to the upholstery, just like the front seats - we manufacture the foam and upholstery for the fronts, but the rear seat you actually have to re-use the factory foam.
    So you essentially have to peel the upholstery off of the factory foam and then recover it - our 94-98 comes with a special installation kit and the upholstery has to be made a particular way to be able to attach to that factory foam.
    The 03-04 Cobra Upholstery had the rear seat foam separate from from the upholstery and therefore has a completely different attachment method.

Always been a favorite of mine, I don't think they get enough love.

If you'd like them in BLACK VINYL and not the 99-04 Dark Charcoal - we can definitely do that, but you'd have to call in and order that over the phone with our customer service as it's not offered that way online.

Thanks - W

7. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

I'm really interested in the Mach 1 style one. Would that black match my factory black interior? I'd like to re cover my front seats.

8. g36 monkey

g36 monkey Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Sweet, I might just pick up a 99-04 rear seat from the junk yard to recover then when I decide to do this

9. TMI Products

TMI Products

The way they are offered on CJ and LMR site is stock dark charcoal only - if you want them in SN95 BLACK vinyl - give the guys at www.modifymystang.com and tell them I sent you - they'll take custom orders.

10. ScottyDsntKnow

ScottyDsntKnow Well-Known Member

Do it. I tore the living shit out of my fingers doing the 94-98 style seat and peeling the foam off the glued upholstery... no...

And of course this comes out now a year after I did my TMI seats lol.

11. 54ford

54ford New Member

Do you guys do the 03-04 seats in black on black leather?