BIG problem with Canton pan and Clutch cable!!!!

Slow94

Reaction score
I just dropped my new 331 with canton pan in my 94 and have a BIG problem!!! I went run my clutch cable through the bell housing and I can't get the cable in the hole because of the canton pan!!! Anyone have any idea on what to do???

Can I just round out the hole in the bellhousing to get it to fit without any negative effects??? Please if anyone has any ideas let me know!! Thanks in advance, Jason D.

ryclef331

Reaction score
You're running a canton pan for a Fox body car....the clutch fork comes out at a different position on the bellhousings of fox bodies. I would STRONGLY reccomend you DON'T grind on the bellhousing hole but I under stand that the motor is in the car so it kind of a little late. It will fuck up the alignment of the cable coming out of the "sheathe" and could causing binding in the cable or even premature cable failure. I'm sure you COULD do it and it be driveable but how long the cable will last is questionable. I would see if you can't dent the pan in to get the clearance you need....

OP
OP
S

Slow94

Reaction score
That sucks, I even called Canton myself to see if there would be any problems running this pan in my 94! I guess thats what pissed me off the most.

What do you think about making a bracket to hold the cable on the side of the bellhousing and notching the clutch cover for the cable, then sealing the cover up after install?

ryclef331

Reaction score
As long as the cable is coming out of its sleeve STRAIGHT, I don't see a problem with that. I don't run the dust cover on my car at all....even in the rain, it hasn't caused me any problems as of yet...then again, I'm no t in the rain that much. You just need to make sure the clutch cable isn't binding....pretty much anyway you can get it to do that and NOT bind....is just fine.

OP
OP
S

Slow94

Reaction score
Well the drivtrain was pulled today and I will be dropping off my new canton pan to be cut and welded on :nonono:. So hopefully it will all be back together by this weekend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online