black tail pipes

97blackgt

Reaction score
i know the paint they make for headers had to be baked on

G

GREG@SN95

hm...

well you would need to use a high temp resistant paint...

Your best best would be to go to Walmart and get some paint made for a Grill or BBQ...

Try it out... paint em... if ya like it sweat... If not, strip it off... no biggy...

I think its a cool idea and I just may try it out myself

Bluextc

Reaction score
MRT used to have black chrome tips and they looked sick. I didn't buy them in time, tho, and they discontinued them. :( Keep hoping someone else will come out with them...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to see how they look black. I don't like chrome and i don't clean my pipes so they look dull on purpose because i don't want them to stand out. Not sure how black chrome would look...that link above had some 18" 3.5" black chrome tips that might look good.

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
I think im going to do a flat black first, then if i dont like the looks of them im going to paint them glossy black

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think flat black would look good, it would be subtle. Depending on how yours turns out i might do mine...or maybe i'll do the pipes flat black with a black chrome tip...

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
black would look cool imo.. i dont like chrome tips either, but i hate the dulled look because it makes them just look dirty.. i agree on the chrome though, thats why i hate aftermarket pipes, to shiney or something.. that black chrome would probably look cool, especially on my car imo.. id try it out man, thatd be a cool idea!

Hellion94

Reaction score
This is a really old thread, sorry for bringing it back, but I'm just curious if you tried this out or not?

Here is a pretty sweet twin trubo stang with flat black tips:

DSC00480.jpg

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
ive been waiting for the weather to lighten up a bit, wednesday im gonna do it, dont worry, when its done i will def. have pics up

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
One of my stock tips is mostly black from vaporized rubber. ;D

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
bacl tips look pretty Hot on some cars.

On my 81' BMW M5, i had i exaust i made with no cat, a Magnapack and a pipe...But i painted the Pipe Flat Black...looked pretty Hawt on the Alpine White

IMG_1319.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online