Bleeding brakes & Wheel Stud Question

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all what is the proper method for bleeding our brakes? Rear passenger, rear driver, passenger front, driver front? Have to bench bleed a MC then re-install and bleed my brakes.

Also whats the procedure for replacing a wheel stud that I broke, whats the best way to remove and reinstall one? also what are the specs of ours so I can get a new one at my local autoparts store.

thanks

blackfang

Reaction score
I always use an air hammer to tap out the broken stud, then use it to push it through. If you are going to hammer on the axle, atleast be consistent. I forget the studs specs on mine, yet I have replaced them.

STNG_96

Reaction score
I dont know that a c-clamp would put enough force on it. You could always just use a normal hammer, just be CAREFUL! As far as bleeding the brakes, I want to say all you have to do is pump them several times. Im pretty sure out cars have a bleedoff valve on them, to get rid of any air. If your not satisfied with that, just take the cap off the brake fluid resivoir, and pump them, it will pump the air out.

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ill try that but I want to crack the bleed screws at the calipers, im assuimg the order is Rear passenger, rear driver, passenger front, driver front but some cars are diffrent can anyone confirm?

Cobra456hp

Reaction score
lube it. grab an old lug. put it on over the stud. grab a BFH. knock the shit out of it. till its loose. put in the new STEEL stud and thread a STEEL open lug nut down. as you are tightening the lug it will pull the stud through the axle.

wayne94mustang

Reaction score
yeah Matt...you always start bleeding at the farthest wheel away from the MC and work your way to the closest.

iv replaced many studs...just use a old lug nut and a hammer to get the old ones off and just beat them back on

Cobra456hp

Reaction score
No prob. Just make sure that you use a good grade stud. Not those cheap POS aluminum from autozone/advance.

Cobra456hp

Reaction score
you can get one any autoparts store. justa make sure its of good quality. The alluminum ones will strip and crossthread very easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online