blocking valve cover return tube

caseypayne69

Reaction score
I want to block it, just for a project to do. I've seen Cars with this done, but im not sure what size plug i'll need on the cai side.

Spyder

Reaction score
are you talking about the breather on the valve covers?

also are you just wanting to plug the CAI and leave the valve covers open?

OP
OP
C

caseypayne69

Reaction score
Plugging the valve cover, and putting a many breather on the end of the tube, but my oil cap has a breather cap, so I wonder if thats good enough. If thats good enough I want to block both ends. I know the crank case needs to let pressure out, through this. I know there is really no solid gain doing this. Only, no oil will trace back up the return and back into the intake manifold, with is good enough for me. Plus, less heat in the intake, due to coming out of that area. Leaving the combustion a bit cleaner, and cooler. For a longer living engine. I also had a trick idea putting duel oil valve covers on both sides of my block. Winsor and Romeo blocks have opposite side oil fill valve covers. I think it would look trick to get one for my passenger side, and put a breather cap on it too.

Spyder

Reaction score
I would say put a breather on both side if its possible. You really dont want to have pressure buuilding up on one side. The breather will allow the pressure to be released which in turn will prolong the life of your rings. Its an idea i have been toying with as well. I relaly dont like the soot and oily shit being sucked into my intake. egr is gone, now its time to eliminate the valve cover tube

OP
OP
C

caseypayne69

Reaction score
I got a spare valve cover too, which i'll prolly do duel breathers :banana:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99